Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First EDD change since ordering on 2/26. Updated EDD to 6/7-7/19. Not the direction I wanted to go, but at least there is finally some movement.
That's where I've been since last week. Ordered 1 week after you and in Colorado as well. I'm hopeful that things will change after end of quarter, but after texting with my SA he said the back end he is seeing shows that to be an accurate estimate at this point.

Reactions: DesertEagle
First EDD change since ordering on 2/26. Updated EDD to 6/7-7/19. Not the direction I wanted to go, but at least there is finally some movement.
Tesla’s ordering and delivery system is quite strange. You ordered your P before me yet I have a delivery window May 4-June 8th. I am not local to Fremont but am local to GIGA Austin. I changed from Lr to P on 29th of March. Original
Order date was 3/2.

Reactions: DesertEagle
That's where I've been since last week. Ordered 1 week after you and in Colorado as well. I'm hopeful that things will change after end of quarter, but after texting with my SA he said the back end he is seeing shows that to be an accurate estimate at this point.
Let the EDD rollercoaster begin. Not thrilled that it moved that far back from the original 4/10-5/8 EDD. We have a planned vacation in mid June.
I‘m hoping that I don’t get stuck in the EOQ 2 rush and get beat out by our friends in Cali.

Let the EDD rollercoaster begin. Not thrilled that it moved that far back from the original 4/10-5/8 EDD. We have a planned vacation in mid June.
I‘m hoping that I don’t get stuck in the EOQ 2 rush and get beat out by our friends in Cali.
Maybe you’re going to receive a VIN soon. There have been others that were close to EDD and it moved back almost a month. Then they received a VIN within a couple of days.

This is the first I've heard of this for Model Ys. I thought the shipping pucks are put on cars that are transported overseas only.
nope most manufacturers use them. Its not just for boats but for any transportation as well as raising the vehicles to help unload them. I have only read a few cases of tesla not removing them before delivery which is good compared to i know VW mk7 were know for leaving their pucks in. Just something to keep an eye out for thats all. You will definitely know if they were left in. i think most people who think the MYP rides "rough" havnt driven anything other than a minivan or a car with 65mm side wall tires

Just released the hold on my MYP order (blue, FSD). EDD showing July 15-Aug 26.

Ordered on 1/16/2022.
Received VIN Mar 2, put on Hold Mar 2. Was hoping to get Austin build w/ 4680. That seems unlikely given what is currently known. Had to release hold or order would auto-cancel. So released the hold today.

I'm happy with this. I hope Elon will provide more details about what specific MY versions will be made at Austin. And optimistically hoping he will provide details on when the FSD 4.0 hardware transition will occur. Was initially slated for cybertruck, but rumors are FSD 4.0 hardware will be ready much sooner.

I tried to stay away from this forum over the weekend, but I kept checking in 😣. I kept seeing that MYP orders were being fulfilled.

I’ve been without a car since December and there was no telling when I would get the MYLR. Soooo, I gave in today and made the switch to MYP at the price level in September 2021. Within 2-3 hours, I received a VIN and my EDD updated to March 29-April 2. Now, I’m just waiting for the opportunity to schedule the delivery.

It’s insane how paying extra gets things moving.
How did you switch to Performance and still keep the old Performance price in September?

Just released the hold on my MYP order (blue, FSD). EDD showing July 15-Aug 26.

Ordered on 1/16/2022.
Received VIN Mar 2, put on Hold Mar 2. Was hoping to get Austin build w/ 4680. That seems unlikely given what is currently known. Had to release hold or order would auto-cancel. So released the hold today.

I'm happy with this. I hope Elon will provide more details about what specific MY versions will be made at Austin. And optimistically hoping he will provide details on when the FSD 4.0 hardware transition will occur. Was initially slated for cybertruck, but rumors are FSD 4.0 hardware will be ready much sooner.
Interesting. I've heard that some people get their 2nd VIN within a week of releasing their hold.