Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi friends just wanted to share my order info for my MYP Midnight Silver/White Interior/No FSD/No tow hitch
OD: 04/24
EDD1: 07/14 - 08/12
EDD2: 06/16 - 07/14
EDD3: 06/22 - 07/06 (just changed last week)
Recently received a text about my trade-in (don't know if that means anything) but still have no vin
Located in SoCal, Huntington Beach
Welcome Aboard! and our last EDD are very similar and now awaiting for a VIN. I did contact my TA yesterday asking what are my chances of receiving my MYP by this EOQ?

His response: "So far, it looks pretty promising." which I will accept because I have no other options but to wait until my MYP does arrive 🤞.

MYP, MSM Baby! :cool:

VIN RECEIVED! F489, EDD June 30 - Jul 4, which is absolutely hilarious because that's the exact timeframe I'll be out of town. I'm assuming I'll be able to pick it up possibly the day after. I've never gotten a text, phone call or email from Tesla, this randomly appeared in my App.
Excellent and it confirms that you may not necessarily receive a text about accepting delivery in June or VIN text before actually seeing a VIN in the App / Website with a new EDD. So continue checking the App / Website :cool:👍.

Excellent and it confirms that you may not necessarily receive a text about accepting delivery in June or VIN text before actually seeing a VIN in the App / Website with a new EDD :cool:👍
i never got a text to accept delivery in june. it was pretty quiet until one day i woke up with a text that my vin was assigned and shortly after it was in the app. hopefully one day someone can figure out the algorithm to all this madness 😂

i never got a text to accept delivery in june. it was pretty quiet until one day i woke up with a text that my vin was assigned and shortly after it was in the app. hopefully one day someone can figure out the algorithm to all this madness 😂
California orders getting rushed and done in the last couple weeks of a quarter has been a reoccurring theme over the last several years.

Reactions: Otrori and MyMYLRnw
True, although would you rather have a last minute batch of car, an early-on quarter batch of car, or a car and deal with however it may come?

Decisions indeed
It has nothing to do with "batches" and everything to do with time-in-transit. Tesla doesn't get paid until the car gets to the customer. Other car manufacturers get paid the second the car leaves the factory because dealerships buy the cars.

So Tesla is going to spend the first 1-2 months in a quarter shipping cars to customers far away because of the time-in-transit problem. They know it will take them 2 weeks to deliver to a guy in New York vs 2 days to a guy in SoCal. So for the sake of delivery numbers, they aren't going to waste that valuable time with a "local" customer early in the quarter when that car could have gone to a customer waiting 2000 miles away. But if they decided to ship the car to New York 2 weeks before the quarter ends, good chance that car doesn't get to the customer in time to count for Q2 delivery numbers. THATS why it looks like Tesla crams so many deliveries at the end of the quarter, but its not like the cars being built are taking shortcuts.

VIN RECEIVED! F489, EDD June 30 - Jul 4, which is absolutely hilarious because that's the exact timeframe I'll be out of town. I'm assuming I'll be able to pick it up possibly the day after. I've never gotten a text, phone call or email from Tesla, this randomly appeared in my App.
Similarly, the later part of my EDD overlaps with a training I can’t get out of. I need to ask for a postpomemt of just about three days. I chatted with someone on Tesla website and the person told me to reply the VIN text message and “someone will get back to me”. I am pretty skeptical about that - I thought it was an automatic text. I will try chatting again or call in to ask…