Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys I was able to access them via chat. For others wondering how to get to a model Y chat just do a chat for a service appointment and once an agent comes on then ask for a finance change and he will transfer you.

I was able to secure everything with the finance too.

I am putting a pretty significant down payment so do you guys recommend I use the app and pay Tesla directly right now for the down payment or should I wait till I examine the car/quality and then give them a certified check for the down payment on pick up day?

Reactions: jakeg1111
Thanks guys I was able to access them via chat. For others wondering how to get to a model Y chat just do a chat for a service appointment and once an agent comes on then ask for a finance change and he will transfer you.

I was able to secure everything with the finance too.

I am putting a pretty significant down payment so do you guys recommend I use the app and pay Tesla directly right now for the down payment or should I wait till I examine the car/quality and then give them a certified check for the down payment on pick up day?
Wait to accept car first before making that payment. In Texas, we are not allowed that luxury. All payments must be made prior to

Reactions: Automaz_
Instead of requesting a switch from MYLR to MYP has anyone tried just requesting a change in wheels from the 19" to the 20" to see if that changes EDA?

I already have a MYP for myself, I want the MYLR for my wife who wants the range and 3rd row so MYP change over isn't an option for us.
Are you sure you want 3rd row? That is a safety issue. Just google it and you will see horrific rear-ended accident pictures of the Y and imagine how those 3rd row seats will look like if rear-ended. It doesn't look good is all I can say.

• Disagree
Reactions: morbidz and tkram82
Instead of requesting a switch from MYLR to MYP has anyone tried just requesting a change in wheels from the 19" to the 20" to see if that changes EDA?

I already have a MYP for myself, I want the MYLR for my wife who wants the range and 3rd row so MYP change over isn't an option for us.
On my original MYLR order on 2/1/22 I had an August EDD with 20", then switched to 19" and instantly changed EDD to December. Within a week EDD had changed to June-July, then back out to Sept-Nov. Who knows what the subsequent EDDs would have been staying with 20" wheels? From what I've seen, getting the 7-seat is just one step closer than waiting for the cybertruck, so I hope you and your wife are good at sharing for a while!

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Are you sure you want 3rd row? That is a safety issue. Just google it and you will see horrific rear-ended accident pictures of the Y and imagine how those 3rd row seats will look like if rear-ended. It doesn't look good is all I can say.

The Y is 5 star crash tested with the third row. Saying it is a "safety issue" is at best silly and at worst negligent. Please don't spread misinformation.

Since you already have at least one option (7 seats) for your MYLR then adding more options probably won't make any difference. The only significant EDD differences seem to be between MYLR (no options at all), a MYLR with one or more options, a MYLR with FSD (may or may not make a difference but seems to lately at EOQ) and of course MYP.

The Y is 5 star crash tested with the third row. Saying it is a "safety issue" is at best silly and at worst negligent. Please don't spread misinformation.

Would you want your child or anyone to be sitting in the 3rd row for something you cannot control which is someone rear ending you like that? I know I wouldn't but it is not my decision to make. If you like the 7-seater in a small car, go ahead.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: morbidz and tkram82
picked up my myp from downtown Chicago this morning! looks fantastic, solid build quality. Interestingly, there were at least 12 other myp there ready to be picked up. Only saw 1 mylr.

Attachments

• 29C0B857-326E-4F7D-936D-C33F5C2C9EAC.jpeg
    29C0B857-326E-4F7D-936D-C33F5C2C9EAC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84