Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car delivered this morning! Spent the day working and then running down to the garage to ceramic coat the interior, install mud flaps, install the rear door ppf, install some other accessories and finally do an inspection. Busy day indeed. I have to say, the QC on the car is great. I had to really nitpick to find any issues. Haven’t driven her yet due to the ceramic curing time, but will soon.
Still have more accessories like my roof rack to install then finally take her surfing!! Loving the no key thing as I can just take the card in the water!!

in regards to home delivery, it sucked because they came really early and just left it parked on the street a block away
Seriously lovely! Congratulations :) :) :) :)

Got my car delivered this morning! Spent the day working and then running down to the garage to ceramic coat the interior, install mud flaps, install the rear door ppf, install some other accessories and finally do an inspection. Busy day indeed. I have to say, the QC on the car is great. I had to really nitpick to find any issues. Haven’t driven her yet due to the ceramic curing time, but will soon.
Still have more accessories like my roof rack to install then finally take her surfing!! Loving the no key thing as I can just take the card in the water!!

in regards to home delivery, it sucked because they came really early and just left it parked on the street a block away
Looking goooooood!!! I'm glad nothing happened to the car while it was left on the street. Get ppf then ceramic

Reactions: AK_MYP

Congrats man, so happy for you. She's a beauty. Amazing to hear that QC is good - that makes me feel a lot better. I'm happy to wait 5++ weeks for good QC.

I got my M3 back in March, but it showed up basically flawless. The only small issue was one of the fender cameras jutted out too much. Took the mobile tech 10 mins to re-install it.

Reactions: lchen6
Looking goooooood!!! I'm glad nothing happened to the car while it was left on the street. Get ppf then ceramic
What are you planning PPF and ceramic-wise? I'm still struggling with this. On one hand, I'm planning to take a lot of trips in my car and want to protect the front. On the other hand, EV technology is getting better every day and I'm not sure I'll keep this car more than 2-3 years. PPF doesn't seem to help with resale and I think repainting the whole front bumper, if even necessary, is cheaper than the $1800 minimum full frontal PPF quote I received.

Still doing research on ceramic and reading a lot of conflicting things. The results seem to speak for themselves, though.

Looks great man. Enjoy it. Congrats again.

What are you planning PPF and ceramic-wise? I'm still struggling with this. On one hand, I'm planning to take a lot of trips in my car and want to protect the front. On the other hand, EV technology is getting better every day and I'm not sure I'll keep this car more than 2-3 years. PPF doesn't seem to help with resale and I think repainting the whole front bumper, if even necessary, is cheaper than the $1800 minimum full frontal PPF quote I received.

Still doing research on ceramic and reading a lot of conflicting things. The results seem to speak for themselves, though.
PPF helps with paint and rock chips.
Ceramic is more for the wax and shine/glossy look which will help dirt and water to peel off immediately which helps to maintain the car a lot easier.

I got both done on my model 3 and never once regretted it. I'm doing stealth wrap ppf and ceramic next week.

It actually does help with the sale since the buyers don't have to worry about the condition of the actual bumper/car itself since it's protected.

Hey guys, how long does it usually take to get a VIN after you place the order? Thanks!
If you go to the google sheet survey from this form (link here: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker), filter to performance only, you are seeing about:
  • 33 days from order to vin
  • 8 days from vin to delivery
  • Total of ~42 days on average

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 4.41.00 PM.png

Last edited:
Got my car delivered this morning!

Congrats! 🙌

I see that you must live in a building with an underground garage, so that would make sense that they just parked it and left it 'nearby' your home address. When I spoke to the DC on the phone yesterday to confirm my home delivery, the guy was asking if I lived in a gated community or anything, and then asked how I want the car left... either on the street in front of my house or in the driveway. I told him in the driveway. So if they do end up showing up super early (I'm usually up early anyways, and can will be checking my driveway camera when I wake up), I'll as least have the comfort knowing they'll leave it in my driveway..... hopefully.

I'm going to be in the same boat as you tomorrow. I have a ton of parts ready to go onto it, including new wheels, badges, some wrap work, and other things where I'll need to remove some panels to get to.... no different than what I did on my Model 3 so at least I'm familiar with it. I just hope they don't deliver it late in the day so I can drive it all afternoon.

Reactions: jpy1980 and lchen6
PPF helps with paint and rock chips.
Ceramic is more for the wax and shine/glossy look which will help dirt and water to peel off immediately which helps to maintain the car a lot easier.

I got both done on my model 3 and never once regretted it. I'm doing stealth wrap ppf and ceramic next week.

It actually does help with the sale since the buyers don't have to worry about the condition of the actual bumper/car itself since it's protected.
+ 1 for this. I've gone all out for a full matte ppf as well, with ceramic coat, and light window tint cost (35% all around and 70% front windshield) ~$6K for my wife's M3LR and it looks great in my opinion. (Some people would definitely argue it is not worth the money, but 🤷‍♂️. It's a personal choice I guess. Also, depends on your tolerance level to these rock chip paint damage etc.). I'm planning to do the same for the MYP, except it will be getting the clear PPF instead of the matte, and darker window tint.

*Apology in advance if people are annoyed by M3 pictures in the MY thread but thought about providing some references for folks that are interested
Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 4.49.46 PM.png

Last edited:

We won't be doing any PPF on our MYP. We're only going to keep the car for 3 years. This will be the 1st car we haven't kept for 10+ years. The pace of change with EVs is just too fast to hold onto a car (happily) for that long.

The one experience we have with PPF is with my wife's Range Rover Sport. We did full PPF and ceramic. The ceramic definitely made it shine. I'm not at all impressed with the PPF. It's been just a little over 3 years and the "self-mending" PPF is not mending. :confused: There are clear impact points (quite a few) that have penetrated and are quite noticeable. The shop that did the work will replace it but want the car for 5 days. My wife, of course, just does not want to deal with that. I think the front of her 3+ year old car with protective PPF looks worse than the 13+ year old car that we traded in for it. The shop asked if we do a lot of high speed driving, which we do. We actually only put about 4K miles a year on it, but once a year we go on the same road trip that is about 1K mile round trip and I probably average 110 to 130mph for long stretches of completely open road. Apparently that is brutal on the PPF.

+ 1 for this. I've gone all out for a full matte ppf as well, with ceramic coat, and light window tint cost (35% all around and 70% front windshield) ~$6K for my wife's M3LR and it looks great in my opinion. (Some people would definitely argue it is not worth the money, but 🤷‍♂️. It's a personal choice I guess. Also, depends on your tolerance level to these rock chip paint damage etc.). I'm planning to do the same for the MYP, except it will be getting the clear PPF instead of the matte, and darker window tint.

*Apology in advance if people are annoyed by M3 pictures in the MY thread but thought about providing some references for folks that are interested
View attachment 699270
No offense -- thank you for sharing. The flat, matte white looks great! If we were to do PPF, I definitely like the flat, matte finish look.

Congratulations! I’m surprised the car did not come with the rear door PPF pre-installed, I thought I had read that they did this for all MY’s now. But perhaps they only do this in certain delivery locations? Or perhaps I just misunderstood. :)

We won't be doing any PPF on our MYP. We're only going to keep the car for 3 years. This will be the 1st car we haven't kept for 10+ years. The pace of change with EVs is just too fast to hold onto a car (happily) for that long.

The one experience we have with PPF is with my wife's Range Rover Sport. We did full PPF and ceramic. The ceramic definitely made it shine. I'm not at all impressed with the PPF. It's been just a little over 3 years and the "self-mending" PPF is not mending. :confused: There are clear impact points (quite a few) that have penetrated and are quite noticeable. The shop that did the work will replace it but want the car for 5 days. My wife, of course, just does not want to deal with that. I think the front of her 3+ year old car with protective PPF looks worse than the 13+ year old car that we traded in for it. The shop asked if we do a lot of high speed driving, which we do. We actually only put about 4K miles a year on it, but once a year we go on the same road trip that is about 1K mile round trip and I probably average 110 to 130mph for long stretches of completely open road. Apparently that is brutal on the PPF.

This is a good use-case experience that I haven't thought about (after all, we are only 1.5 month in with the M3LR with the PPF) haven't detected any flaws yet, but you made me second guessing myself if I should still do it for the MYP 😬

View attachment 699270
Gorgeous car!

This is my second MY and plan to put front ppf or at least the bumper. I hand wash my car and can’t stand the rock chips. Also the car is white so it’s harder to touch up paint Pearl white. I had 10.5k on my MY LR and the front bumper was where I saw the most rock chip followed by rear passenger door which telsa offers the ppf. If any other color you can repaint the front bumper for less than 1000 as it will match better