Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll see what I'm talking about when you get your car. The single use plastic water bottles dance around the cup holder. Amazon has one that is silicon and one that had holds drinks from Basenor. I'm going to try the Basenor one. Will update when I receive tomorrow.

By the way, Tesla should really be giving you some of these when you buy the car.
1. Mud flaps
2. PPF rear door panel
3. Center console organizers
4. Cup holder insert to make cups more stable

These 4 I feel should absolutely be delivered with the cars.
Did yours come with any of those? Asking since we're both from Southern California

You'll see what I'm talking about when you get your car. The single use plastic water bottles dance around the cup holder. Amazon has one that is silicon and one that had holds drinks from Basenor. I'm going to try the Basenor one. Will update when I receive tomorrow.

By the way, Tesla should really be giving you some of these when you buy the car.
1. Mud flaps
2. PPF rear door panel

Two of those do come with the new ones don't they?

Rear ppf and mudflaps

So is anyone noticing a trend in this thread? There are NO delivery dates after September...I think we are all the last people getting 2021 models IMO. I think all new Model Y Performance models will not come till November and I am guessing will be 2022s. I am seeing the same trend on all the Facebook groups for the Performance models.
The question is should we wait for 2022, what if the giga Texas comes with 4680

The question is should we wait for 2022, what if the giga Texas comes with 4680
If used cars continue to hold their value, which most signs indicate they will, you could accept your current order and then place a new order and sell the first car when the new one is ready and perhaps even come out ahead.

1. Mud flaps
2. PPF rear door panel

Awesome! Thank you for the reply. I’ll check out Basenor for that, because I will be very annoyed if I have water bottles flying out of there.

Also, I totally agree on the last part. I know some areas get mud flaps and PPF for the rear doors, but my understanding is Florida is not on that list, unfortunately.

Speaking of which, do you actually have to be present for delivery if it's a home delivery? I saw a post where someone said they woke up to the car in their driveway, I think it was in socal
I've wondered about this. I think it's possible for a delivery while I'm not present, but I would have to either implicitly or explicitly accept delivery. Unless I would be around very shortly after, I personally probably wouldn't feel confident enough to go with it. And that's only because where I live only has street parking.

They likely won’t. Elon already mentioned the “contingency plan” of using the current batteries and as conservative as Tesla is being about updates on the earnings calls, I’d guess we’re about a year out from mass production of the 4680s.
And I believe this has essentially been confirmed to be the case. Something else to remember is that the 4680 cells are also one component of the 2022 models. Afaik, other known improvements are still set for production more or less on schedule, such as the updated casts, but I think its safe to assume no 4680 range bumps are in the cards for the immediate future.

And I believe this has essentially been confirmed to be the case. Something else to remember is that the 4680 cells are also one component of the 2022 models. Afaik, other known improvements are still set for production more or less on schedule, such as the updated casts, but I think its safe to assume no 4680 range bumps are in the cards for the immediate future.
I agree. Tesla doesn’t necessarily add new features to make a year model any different. They just add things when they are ready which ends up being a handful of new things within that mode year. And Tesla currently seems focused on obtaining parts rather than adding newer parts on top of that.

We chose to purchase a MYP now over the LR due to the rising costs of the LR as well as the 4 month lead time. We were ready to pull the trigger in 2020 but chose to hold off because I already work 100% from home and my wife started wfh the beginning of March 2020 so we decided not to buy just to have the car sit in the garage during COVID lockdowns.

The other two things we were waiting for were the 4680 batteries and the tax credit. Once we realized the new batteries were likely a year off and the tax credit is struggling to get bipartisan support, we decided to pull the trigger and upgrade to a new MY in a year or two if they hold their value like they have been.

I've wondered about this. I think it's possible for a delivery while I'm not present, but I would have to either implicitly or explicitly accept delivery. Unless I would be around very shortly after, I personally probably wouldn't feel confident enough to go with it. And that's only because where I live only has street parking.
Yeah, wouldn't want the car sitting out for long. More curious because I know you technically accept delivery through the app anyway prior to even being able to open the car.

Two of those do come with the new ones don't they?

Rear ppf and mudflaps
Depends on location. I heard Canada and Seattle peeps are getting PPF or mud flaps. I forget which, but no love in So Cal. Car came with nothing. Plus I went in for a tint and before the guy started he saw a tiny scratch on exterior passenger window. I love the car and everything else is perfect, but I do see some small imperfections here and there. The heavy heavy pros far outweigh the cons.

Depends on location. I heard Canada and Seattle peeps are getting PPF or mud flaps. I forget which, but no love in So Cal. Car came with nothing. Plus I went in for a tint and before the guy started he saw a tiny scratch on exterior passenger window. I love the car and everything else is perfect, but I do see

Utah doesn’t get them
some small imperfections here and there. The heavy heavy pros far outweigh the cons.

Depends on location. I heard Canada and Seattle peeps are getting PPF or mud flaps. I forget which, but no love in So Cal. Car came with nothing. Plus I went in for a tint and before the guy started he saw a tiny scratch on exterior passenger window. I love the car and everything else is perfect, but I do see some small imperfections here and there. The heavy heavy pros far outweigh the cons.
Yep, here in Seattle we get free flaps and PPF in the rear.

Reactions: PackMan730