Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine took delivery of his MYP on 9/14 and noticed his max range was 288mi. I told him mine goes up to 301mi and that he should make an inquiry. Turns out his MYP is fitted with the new battery packs which are being pushed in the M3 SR+, thus he has a lower max range. That's very surprising when you've ordered a specific vehicle and something else was delivered. Wanted to warn everyone still waiting on delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: calcal
A friend of mine took delivery of his MYP on 9/14 and noticed his max range was 288mi. I told him mine goes up to 301mi and that he should make an inquiry. Turns out his MYP is fitted with the new battery packs which are being pushed in the M3 SR+, thus he has a lower max range. That's very surprising when you've ordered a specific vehicle and something else was delivered. Wanted to warn everyone still waiting on delivery.
Boomer

@TripleA What?!!? How does he know that? No pictures, it didn't happen!

Are you a pro/experienced with PPF? Curious what kind of time and effort is required. Any tutorials you prefer/recommend for a first timer? Considering doing the front/hood & mirrors/sideskirts myself.
I’ve messed with vinyl in the past but I’m new to PPF. I watched a ton of YouTube videos lol. I ordered a roll because it was cheaper and allows me extra room to work and get a perfect tuck. The precut kits don’t wrap every corner and you spend more time focused on getting it lined up and stretched into position. Plus by going matte, it’s even more important to wrap every corner.

A lot of people say it’s too hard to do yourself but from what I see online, it’s just a matter of knowing how to work the material. It’s like a chess game, your current move is to set yourself up for a future move. Laying the PPF is about stretching where you can afford to so that it lays nicely into the areas that are more difficult.

I’m a DIY everything type guy with OCD to details and things being perfect. I rarely get stumped by a new project so if this one gets me, then I’ll concede that it needs to be professionally done lol.

@TripleA What?!!? How does he know that? No pictures, it didn't happen!
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 8.59.14 AM.jpeg

Followup: Not only are the SO and I not VINless any more, we got to schedule our delivery today: 9/27/2021 in Springfield, NJ. So, order date was 6/29/2021: 90 days, exactly, for a Model Y, Long Range.
The earliest time was already used, but plenty of others on that day and the two potential days following.
Last thing left to do: Review documents. That happens within a day or so of delivery.

Also, with the model 3 changeover on the SR+, Tesla letters were sent out to customers and it was widely reported on. ZERO on this claim.
Yeah, I agree. Tesla did it with permission for the SR+. Doing it in secret on a performance model would blow up in the news.

Most likely something else at play and Tesla is giving wrong information which they seem to do based on things others have said.