Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD got updated from 10/11-10/27 to 10/27-11/24.. This is ridiculous.

FYI I have a friend that works at the fremont facility, a little insight into what they have seen from a bigger perspective. Obviously they are very behind and backed up in all phases of production. From what they are seeing it is because through 2020 there were furloughs, for many departments, and many furloughed workers just never came back. So they have a high % of brand new employees still learning production roles. Couple that with high demand and you get this catastrophe. Many cars are getting bounced back at inspection because of issues, so for the lucky few that do receive delivery, make sure you go through your checklist thoroughly.

8B5E0BA7-8C89-4AEF-92D3-ACF4683802F2.jpeg

Ordered my MYP (White interior / exterior + tow hitch) on 9/29. EDD window was 11/15 - 12/15 but checked this morning and it was pushed to 12/14 - 12/31. New EDD is not a big deal for me, especially if it means getting a refreshed version.
Same exact spec as you date was pushed back to 10/27-11/16 been this date for about 2 weeks now. My OD was 9/18.

So wait with no sweet surprises? That would be unfortunate. Particularly the closer we get to Jan 1st.
I don't think they will, but I'm really hoping of something passes and Tesla reveals something concrete about upcoming changes that they'll give some incentive to keep November/December deliveries. I'm not going to delay my order for a tax break most likely, but if there's a credit AND a big change coming soon, I'll delay my order for that.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I don't think they will, but I'm really hoping of something passes and Tesla reveals something concrete about upcoming changes that they'll give some incentive to keep November/December deliveries. I'm not going to delay my order for a tax break most likely, but if there's a credit AND a big change coming soon, I'll delay my order for that.
This has to be part of the reason why Tesla releases updates somewhat randomly. It limits people delaying for the new thing around the corner. That being said the tax credit is a big deal. I could see them maybe offering FSD for a discounted $5k to take delivery before Jan 1. Demand is so high they wouldn’t have to though.

Reactions: Viv1984
My best guess is they're re-configuring part of the production line for single front castings. New/different robots need setting up, configuring, optimizing. Production most likely will start, slowly, the last week of October. Just my guess based on anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: Jbapckfan