Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually learned about that a few weeks ago, not a programmer or anything, and tried to set it up. I clearly did something wrong because I’ve never gotten an email update after my EDD changed. I did do it all on mobile which is probably not the best way to do it. Hitting refresh is more exciting. I usually only do it when checking stocks or email or reading this forum. It’s never the only thing I’m checking.
I'll help you, hit me up later

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I'm still here... waiting... impatiently. No response on the email to my SA yet, but I'll keep you all posted if I get any details.

There's no way in hell I have the will power to avoid checking EDD at least twice daily. Now it's part of the morning and evening routine. If I ever get my MYP, I guess I'll transition to checking my CT twice daily. That'll be really frustrating... and comical.

Daily sanity check, everyone doing alright? lol
Haha define alright..? I'm about to enter my second EDD range, no changes or updates yet which is eerily similar to the last EDD. I don't like coincidences so this is causing some stress. Reached out to my (or the) SA, and have not heard anything back yet.

Attachments

• dazed-and-confused-matthew-mcconaughey.gif
    dazed-and-confused-matthew-mcconaughey.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
***The first Model S 2022 VIN has been reported*** not sure if this will translate to the Y, but seems like it will
Last year I ordered a LR MY mid September, it was 'born' mid October as a 2021 VIN. Chances of getting anything but a 2022 VIN (assuming you don't already have one) at this point are getting very slim.

***The first Model S 2022 VIN has been reported*** not sure if this will translate to the Y, but seems like it will
From a marketing perspective, given it's October, given we haven't seen ANYONE take delivery in October yet (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong), given the press releases of 2022 model year specs ... yes I don't know either BUT ... but it'd seem very anti-Elon to make customers sit in line for months just to give them the last batch of the previous model year (i.e. anticlimactic).

Any info if they're still manufacturing 2021 models?

Tesla still has YEARS on other EVs with respect to charging infrastructure and autopilot capabilities. These things will keep them ahead of competition imo. Once and if other automakers decide to buy teslas technology with Elon saying he will license it out to make cars safer and better for “all” it will be a more attractive playing field.

Tesla charging stations however will continue to grow which still makes it an advantage.

Elon also stated they too have had issues with chip shortages and delays in materials for production just like every other automaker.

When ordering (myself in September) it said estimated delivery in November. Currently am bumped to 11/16-12/14 so we will see how close it will come in at. Anxiously waiting as are all but understand the production hurdles and demand. And hey, if I end up with a 2022 vin or any other unexpected surprises, I’ll take it.
I agree that Tesla is still the hands down best EV on the market for the foreseeable future. That said, there's a lot of people who don't necessarily need or want the full capabilities of a Tesla and other automakers are closing the gap.

Charging infrastructure is a huge advantage that will remain this way for quite some time but in some dense urban populations with abundant non Tesla chargers, the difference that Tesla offers is diminished. There are plenty of current Tesla owners who barely have to use the supercharger network because they charge at home.

Assuming that most of the expected EV's slated for 2022-2023 ship on time, I do see at least a slight erosion in Tesla's new customer acquisition volume. It doesn't seem crazy to me that more people can be pulled away from Tesla for cars that are 85-90% as good but are won over by the amount of service they receive.

Reactions: Luka816