Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering who lives in moderately cold climate and doesn't plan on getting an extra set of wheels. I live in DC and I drive maybe 2-10 miles per day with the option of staying put on days when we do get some snow/extreme cold. Would it still be recommended that I get aftermarket wheels?
I live in Rockville. Gonna keep the 21s but switch to the all season tires when they get released

Those of you who ordered 19s, which rims and width did you go with?

I order Martian MW03s in Satin black, 19x8.5, but the supply chain issues have me worried they won’t be here when I get my MYP, and I’ll need to put new wheels/tires on immediately. So I’m considering ordering something in stock.

I already have tires, Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Those of you who ordered 19s, which rims and width did you go with?

I order Martian MW03s in Satin black, 19x8.5, but the supply chain issues have me worried they won’t be here when I get my MYP, and I’ll need to put new wheels/tires on immediately. So I’m considering ordering something in stock.

I already have tires, Vredestein Quatrac Pro
Good choice of tires. Went with the same. I got 19” TSW Clypse wheels in gloss black from TireRack as a set, including TPMS, and it’s being installed the day after delivery by their mobile install service.

Good choice of tires. Went with the same. I got 19” TSW Clypse wheels in gloss black from TireRack as a set, including TPMS, and it’s being installed the day after delivery by their mobile install service.
How did you get mobile service to agree? I haven't received my MYP yet, but I called Tesla service near to ask about putting on my TSV's and Vredestein's and they said they won't touch non-Tesla branded wheels at all. Even for mobile service. Maybe I just need to call when I get mine or someone else, haha.

Those are the wheels I’m leaning towards. I’m going to end up getting wheels/tires/rims in 3 orders from diff retailers and overpaying to get them installed. Yay.

Scheduled delivery date of Tuesday, November 2nd at 5 pm. Counting down the last days until I’m reunited with a Tesla. I never realized how terrible it would be to go back to an ICE vehicle for thing long but then again I was only planning on not having one for 3-5 weeks.

So looking like my delivery date is being pushed back to week of Thanksgiving... a week later and it would be a 2022 model year. Anyone know how it works if I can't take delivery during my window? Do I get put back to the end of the line and have to wait another 3-4 months?

Thanks to @RyStar got a good deal on tires from Discount Tire Direct. $1649 including shipping/tax/ warranty certificates for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 265/35/21 and 275/35/21. They currently have a 10% discount promo and 25% off warranty certificate promo. These are NOT the new Tesla-specific ones so they do NOT have acoustic foam. Those tires are still not available.

If interested: STEVEN 800-589-6789 X51839

So looking like my delivery date is being pushed back to week of Thanksgiving... a week later and it would be a 2022 model year. Anyone know how it works if I can't take delivery during my window? Do I get put back to the end of the line and have to wait another 3-4 months?
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they will reassign to someone in your area with the same build. I've had two calls from my delivery center asking if I wanted to take delivery of an available MYP. Not even close to my build so I declined. I assume you get back in line at that point.

Reactions: Viv1984
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they will reassign to someone in your area with the same build. I've had two calls from my delivery center asking if I wanted to take delivery of an available MYP. Not even close to my build so I declined. I assume you get back in line at that point.
Oh OK, I might do that especially if the tax credit passes. Right now, a new order says December delivery, so hopefully next month would be a January/February delivery date. Getting a 2022 with the tax credit might make the wait worth it... especially since I might be on vacation the week of Thanksgiving and 3 weeks in December (got to take advantage of teacher schedules).

Adding to this, I’ll be in Paris first week of December 2-8th and I have a EDD of Dec 4-31. Wondering if I went ahead and paid for the car when the payment portal opens up if they will just leave it at the service center if I’m not back by the time they may possibly want me to take delivery? Anyone every done that before?