Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm well aware of their used value. Just sold my 2021 MYLR Red/black/tow with 20k miles to Carmax for $5k more than I paid for it new.

I can see in source code they are updating the EDD to 11/13-11/19.

At least one version of the bill has the used EV credit capped at $25k, I doubt I'll own a MYP long enough for it to get that cheap
I'm know how to do the VIN search, but how are you seeing the EDD range update in the source code? What are you searching?

Probably wonā€™t see any meaningful changes until Q2 2022. Iā€™m done waiting for the next generation :)

I have another MY pre-ordered, once the MY 2.0 or whatever the new big set of changes is called, I'll release the hold and take advantage of the tax credit and (hopefully) high trade in value. For the current model, I want it yesterday!

I just want my car now... I'm getting anxious.
ME ...
CarelessFailingEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

wow how'd you get your vin assigned and removed? Did Tesla ever say anything about that?
There's a few of us on here that were sure we were going to get cars during EOQ push. They gave us VINs, then decided, "Oh wait, we can't give these guys cars yet. Let's make them wait more than double the estimated delivery from the time of their orders."

I've been able to make it work (after selling my vehicle early September) but I'm definitely ready. All accessories ordered (for now), indoor and outdoor charging wired, garage cleaned out... I'm out of hype for now, but I'm sure it'll come back when I see some movement in the right direction.

There's a few of us on here that were sure we were going to get cars during EOQ push. They gave us VINs, then decided, "Oh wait, we can't give these guys cars yet. Let's make them wait more than double the estimated delivery from the time of their orders."

I've been able to make it work (after selling my vehicle early September) but I'm definitely ready. All accessories ordered (for now), indoor and outdoor charging wired, garage cleaned out... I'm out of hype for now, but I'm sure it'll come back when I see some movement in the right direction.
I feel your pain, I was ready for a September delivery. I'm guessing my car has lost a couple thousand in trade in and the $750 from CA (which they should have kept until OD of 11/1 instead of delivery date). I've got all my accessories aside from wheels and tires ordered... the floor mats are just laying there in the movie room, taunting me every time I pass by.

Reactions: Starway2001
That someone who received a 2022 VIN today was for a MYLR. 2022 VINs for MYPā€™s arenā€™t guaranteed
It changes based on the version of a model? That sucks. I should have kept my LR order, I would have gotten it in the same time frame or quicker probably and probably gotten a 2022. Not to mention saved several thousand dollars.

So someone posted a tweet in the 2022 vin# thread that all MY built 11/1 and after will be 2022 models. No idea if it's legit or not, but would probably match up with someone getting a 2022 vin today?

Today on a Discord channel, somebody post their Model 3 2022 VIN with the NFXXXX so it seems 11/1 was the day 2022 VINs got released.

It changes based on the version of a model? That sucks. I should have kept my LR order, I would have gotten it in the same time frame or quicker probably and probably gotten a 2022. Not to mention saved several thousand dollars.
If you go on the MYLR VIN thread, you can see that theyā€™ve always had different VINs than the MYPs. I know this because I initially considered a MYLR myself and have a few friends that own one as well. I opted for the performance and never looked back.

Reactions: Viv1984
While production was halted for the MYP, the production for the MYLRs continued through the month of October. That might be a reason why the MYLR received 22 VINs before your MYP.