Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tax Credit. Don't really need a car a the moment. WFH and wife has a Honda Fit. This would be to replace my M3P- that I lost in Hurricane Ida. Wanted something a little bigger for the dogs but it isn't a must have at the moment.
I think they’re asking…why not delay (instead of “cancel”) and keep the price locked in while still getting the benefits?

C446279A-7434-4934-A24A-D8B069961FAB.jpeg

Officially one car now. Time to balance annoyance vs tax credit roulette. No update to EDD since moving to a MYP

Reactions: DG1980
Hey everyone. DM me if you want to buy my accessories. I have the Center Console Trays. I have the Cable Organizer. I also have a Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter. Lastly I have a full set of WeatherTech floor mats.

If I could un-install the charging port in my garage I would, LOL!!!
If you are serious, which I hope you’re not…I’ll take those console trays off your hands.

Reactions: Tabor
Ordered 10/30. Current EDD 12/26-12/31. Should I still ask for a hold if I want to take delivery after Jan 1st?
Following. Still unsure the best way to do this. Seems like most people get the VIN then delay.

I think Tesla was more lenient before but we might might be told we can only hold for a max of 30 days. Not sure if that's when we get the VIN or from whenever we request the hold...? I did read here max of 90 days from OD.

Sorry for rambling but different experiences get posted all the time and think it depends on your SA too.

Yeah that makes more sense. I am going to see if I can delay but still haven't gotten a VIN or anything but also still have heard zero from my Rep. This is my 2nd Tesla though so I knew what I was signing up for when I made the order.
Honestly many folks are making decisions on this tax credit too - which is not guaranteed and unless Manchin and Sinema change, the bill still has no way of getting passed (at least in current form)

Reactions: voxel
VIN assigned today! OD was only about 10 days ago. EDD moved up to Nov 12-18 with today’s VIN assignment. Only mild disappointment is that the VIN reveals this is a 2021 model. But, I’m leasing so I’m not too worried about the “older” model year.

Ordered = MYP in MSM and white interior, +tow, no FSD
And, I now have a delivery appointment scheduled for Nov 17. My OD was 10/30 and I received VIN on 11/7. Clearly, I got lucky in terms of wait time. My only concern is that this may be someone else’s “reject”, since it is a 2021 MYP according to VIN.

Attachments

• 75C6010A-D4EC-40E4-B766-5D4D056AF2BF.jpeg
    75C6010A-D4EC-40E4-B766-5D4D056AF2BF.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 52
Honestly many folks are making decisions on this tax credit too - which is not guaranteed and unless Manchin and Sinema change, the bill still has no way of getting passed (at least in current form)
Yeah we probably won't have any idea until sometime in Dec for that tax credit. I won't be around around those dates to take delivery anyways. In the meanwhile, time to sell some cars :).

Yeah, I will gladly take it in December if the Tax Credit doesn't pass. I would much rather the tax credit though. The purchase isn't dependent on it. I really wish the Performance - models were still a thing. I really like the speed of the performance but don't think I am going to like having 21" tires when there are such shitty roads around here.

Yeah we probably won't have any idea until sometime in Dec for that tax credit. I won't be around around those dates to take delivery anyways. In the meanwhile, time to sell some cars :).
Knowing our politicians (regardless of party affiliation), it's highly unlikely anything gets passed before year end. No one should be surprised to see this drag on well into next year.

Ordered 10/30. Current EDD 12/26-12/31. Should I still ask for a hold if I want to take delivery after Jan 1st

And, I now have a delivery appointment scheduled for Nov 17. My OD was 10/30 and I received VIN on 11/7. Clearly, I got lucky in terms of wait time. My only concern is that this may be someone else’s “reject”, since it is a 2021 MYP according to VIN.
It is more than likely a reject in your city/state unfortunately. Maybe it was a finicky buyer and the issues can be repaired.