Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't mind me asking... so I know how to game it... did you actually deny the VIN assigned once or twice before putting it on hold, or did you just call up a service rep and ask them to put it on hold without first denying a VIN? I'm not saying it'll work... but knowing how you went about doing it would be helpful!
The first time I put the order on hold I just called the rep and said I don't want a car with vision AP I want to wait a bit. So she held it for a month and with a week or two I got a vin. Soon after they texted me to schedule an appt for pick up. But I didn't respond and finally they said it's going to be delivered to your house tomorrow! That's when I just texted back saying my situations have changed I can't take delivery right now can you put my order on hold for 6 months. They responded (text) saying sure.

Recently Tesla may have changed their policy a little bit by sending emails to folks saying they are going to cancel the order. I suspect those folks may have put their orders on hold multiple times. So it might be wise to put your order on a really long hold like 9 months. If it's your first time requesting it I doubt they'll give you problems. If they say no then say how about 6 months.

Again, all this can be done online, chat, or text. I feel like every time I call them I'm on hold forever.

Reactions: mrmtb and Tabor
The first time I put the order on hold I just called the rep and said I don't want a car with vision AP I want to wait a bit. So she held it for a month and with a week or two I got a vin. Soon after they texted me to schedule an appt for pick up. But I didn't respond and finally they said it's going to be delivered to your house tomorrow! That's when I just texted back saying my situations have changed I can't take delivery right now can you put my order on hold for 6 months. They responded (text) saying sure.

Recently Tesla may have changed their policy a little bit by sending emails to folks saying they are going to cancel the order. I suspect those folks may have put their orders on hold multiple times. So it might be wise to put your order on a really long hold like 9 months. If it's your first time requesting it I doubt they'll give you problems. If they say no then say how about 6 months.

Again, all this can be done online, chat, or text. I feel like every time I call them I'm on hold forever.
Appreciate the info, really. Yeah, I called once and was on hold for around 40 minutes... pretty absurd when you're about to spend $60-70k.

I may actually reorder here in the next two weeks if they don't up the price. I feel like once they get past the new year they'll be more accommodating - they'll go from wanting to buff up fourth quarter sales/deliveries to having a rush of people that all of a sudden want their cars now that they've qualified for the potential EV tax credit.

By this point, I'd just as soon take a 2019 ... that is if the used car market weren't so ungodly overpriced right now. ... But I'm gonna look on the bright side: at least it's just cars that are difficult to find now ... and not toilet paper. ... 😂
I'll bet you get it soon. Tesla is all about boosting their fourth quarter deliveries. Considering the number of people that are going try and get out of fourth quarter deliveries, those that want it will be in a good spot... or so I'd think.

MSM is Midnight Silver Metallic (I think), the paint color.
Yes, it's Midnight Silver Metallic, the car color. I remember thinking the same thing when I first ordered my car. Like what is OD, EDD, MYP, MYLR, Tow or no tow etc. Two things...as a person who is on week 8 of waiting for this car, and logging into my tesla account dozens of times a day. You learn quickly. Second, If I could do it all again, I would just let the whole anticipation thing go and accept the worst case scenario Tesla has given you. Add a few weeks to that worst case scenario and you'll remain emotionally whole. I've been through phases where I order accessories, clean out the garage, join FACEbook or other support groups, search for used inventory, consider buying something else, go back to my original order etc etc etc........but in the end...still no car. EDD dates changed multiple times, and still no car. I know it's coming. I just don't like this part of the process. OK. just venting.....NO VIN yet

I stopped by and seen my SA and they put mine on hold til 1/4/22. She said I can click the "I'm ready" button on my account if I want it sooner. Maybe I can do that mid December to get it in Jan.

Attachments

• 0d70c9888e03ecc12f3e1e234481d462.png
    0d70c9888e03ecc12f3e1e234481d462.png
    373.3 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Corndart
We can all hope certain indiv
I stopped by and seen my SA and they put mine on hold til 1/4/22. She said I can click the "I'm ready" button on my account if I want it sooner. Maybe I can do that mid December to get it in Jan.
id be careful with trying to game it like that. I think we all expect a lot of Late December holds if the bill passes and you could pop back up earlier than hoped for. If it’s on hold now, I’d leave it there til Jan.

We can all hope certain indiv

id be careful with trying to game it like that. I think we all expect a lot of Late December holds if the bill passes and you could pop back up earlier than hoped for. If it’s on hold now, I’d leave it there til Jan.
Yes, I think people will need to see how things shake out the last couple weeks of December. It would appear that there would be mass cancellations or orders put on hold in December, if the “give away” bill passes near its current form.