Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 2022 VIN! Now the issue is switching back to loan instead of cash…not sure how to do that but emailed SA. Still says EDD of 11/19-12/2.
I was in the same boat when I received my VIN just 2 days ago. I researched on this forum (or somewhere on the interwebs) that you can do the Live Chat with Tesla to get a rep to change from cash to allow you to set up financing/leasing option. I did exactly that and had it all solved in 20 min or less.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Just as an fyi, now that I have a VIN I’m more seriously looking at insurance estimates. None of the big sites have the 2022 Model Y as an option yet and when I search by VIN it isn’t being accepted. So perhaps the VIN would be accepted after delivery but may need to talk to an agent.

Was gonna post the above but did not press button. Just got off with State Farm call. Wow, for a $0 deductible (I usually would do $1-2k but want $0 for all that glass) it would only be $121/mo for the MYP and our 2021 VW Atlas. That seems like a great deal. It was about $10
/mo less for a $1k deductible. Anyway, State Farm was able to add a 2022 specific policy easily on their end but not on their user site.
Interesting. I am currently with Geico and got a quote for $95 a month. ($15 more than I am paying for my SR+ each month). Got a quote from State Farm and they wanted $368 a month for the MYP. 26 years old and a DC resident.

On the other hand the MYP are the bargain now, especially if you get the silver one. The entire line use to cost around $10k more than the LR and has only gone up... what... $2000 this year? For those of us that wanted to buy a silver one its not even that... its only $1000 since cars ordered at the beginning of the year had to pay the extra $1,000. for silver.

I just don't see it staying only $5k above for that long, doesn't make sense to me considering all you get.
I think the appeal of more range, lower operating costs (non-staggered set up) warrants a smaller premium than 10K over the LR.

Just as an fyi, now that I have a VIN I’m more seriously looking at insurance estimates. None of the big sites have the 2022 Model Y as an option yet and when I search by VIN it isn’t being accepted. So perhaps the VIN would be accepted after delivery but may need to talk to an agent.

Was gonna post the above but did not press button. Just got off with State Farm call. Wow, for a $0 deductible (I usually would do $1-2k but want $0 for all that glass) it would only be $121/mo for the MYP and our 2021 VW Atlas. That seems like a great deal. It was about $10
/mo less for a $1k deductible. Anyway, State Farm was able to add a 2022 specific policy easily on their end but not on their user site.
No trouble on my end to add a 2022 MYP on the insurance (via Allstate).

Interesting. I am currently with Geico and got a quote for $95 a month. ($15 more than I am paying for my SR+ each month). Got a quote from State Farm and they wanted $368 a month for the MYP. 26 years old and a DC resident.
Good god. I can probably do 2 vehicles, my umbrella policy, and a custom homeowners policy for under $368/mo. 40 male, clean driving record. That price is insanity.

When I tried to add to current AIG bundle they wanted $1377/6 months. After I stopped laughing I said no. May move all to State Farm. Lesson here is to shop around.

Reactions: Corndart
I think the appeal of more range, lower operating costs (non-staggered set up) warrants a smaller premium than 10K over the LR.
I hear ya, but its already $8k for the M3LR vs M3P and was $10k earlier. When you actually think about what's in the car though, the cost should be way more than $5k.... at least when you compare it to the price jumps within the auto industry for performance cars and what's included.

Most people forget, for example, that the P comes with Brembo brakes.... that's pricey on its own. Then you have an upgraded rear motor and rims/tires that are larger and more expensive than the optional MYLR rims/tires... that cost $2k (just to go from 19'' to 20'', let alone the Ps 21''). Sport suspension.... rear spoiler, etc. There's just so much you get for only $5k. The rims alone would be a $3,000-3,500 upgrade over the base MYLR rims if they were an option on that setup. The brakes.... who knows.

Don't get me wrong, if range is what's important, LR makes total sense. I just see the hardware you get with the P as being a bargain.

I hear ya, but its already $8k for the M3LR vs M3P and was $10k earlier. When you actually think about what's in the car though, the cost should be way more than $5k.... at least when you compare it to the price jumps within the auto industry for performance cars and what's included.

Most people forget, for example, that the P comes with Brembo brakes.... that's pricey on its own. Then you have an upgraded rear motor and rims/tires that are larger and more expensive than the optional MYLR rims/tires... that cost $2k (just to go from 19'' to 20'', let alone the Ps 21''). Sport suspension.... rear spoiler, etc. There's just so much you get for only $5k. The rims alone would be a $3,000-3,500 upgrade over the MYLR rims if they were an option on that setup. The brake.... who knows.
Excellent point. I retract my statement.

Well, was not expecting this but just got my congratulatory delivery text message, logged in, hit the blue button, and now this. OD and profile completion: 09/25, EDD was 11/15 - 12/13 for weeks with zero movement (unlike with my MYLR experience). Quite surprised since I'm 20 minutes from the Fremont factory so was totally expecting a December EOQ push for me.

6 weeks from OD in California is unfathomable.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211109-091805_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211109-091805_Chrome.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 103
Well, was not expecting this but just got my congratulatory delivery text message, logged in, hit the blue button, and now this. OD and profile completion: 09/25, EDD was 11/15 - 12/13 for weeks with zero movement (unlike with my MYLR experience). Quite surprised since I'm 20 minutes from the Fremont factory so was totally expecting a December EOQ push for me.

6 weeks from OD in California is unfathomable.
Congrats!!!!!!!

Reactions: johnc925