Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just updated this morning to 11/23-12/21. Perfectly centered in the window of time when I'll be out of the country.. LOL.

@Tqdrivenws6 - What did your EDD settle into after you took your car off hold?
I might be the furthest out MYP right now, still sitting at 2/6-3/6. Maybe something will update after 11/11 which is when the hold was to end?

Reactions: Montucky
Wow, from VIN assignment to Delivery scheduled time in under 24 hours! Insane.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211109-095745_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211109-095745_Chrome.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 83
Well from what I gathered I need to give the final MVPA to DCU, who then approves the loan, who I then tell Tesla(?). Just given normal customer service and response times I Just gathered it takes 1-3 business days to get approval and stuff...
Done it via Tesla financing less pain in a rear. If you are doing 3rd party on your own that is different story.

Reactions: acatwith12
Wow, from VIN assignment to Delivery scheduled time in under 24 hours! Insane.
Mine rolled off the assembly line at 6am on Monday, got my vin at 10am, Tesla called at 230p to schedule my appt for Weds noon. So that's a little over 4 hours!

I applied and got approved for my Penfed loan by 4p same day and had them expedite the check to me (fedex overnight). This morning I got notice from fedex saying that the check should be at my doorsteps by 1p Weds.

Also FYI, Penfed didn't ask for any paperwork from Tesla. I have an account w DCU too but after reading some recent experiences by folks here I decided to go with Penfed.

Mine rolled off the assembly line at 6am on Monday, got my vin at 10am, Tesla called at 230p to schedule my appt for Weds noon. So that's a little over 4 hours!

I applied and got approved for my penfed loan by 4p same day and had them expedite the check to me (fedex overnight). This morning I got notice from fedex saying that the check should be at my doorsteps by 1p Weds.
wow that's fast! To load it onto a truck and drive down to socal, AND have the SC have time to do their round of checks by tomorrow

Just curious.. did you complete your profile (insurance info, trade-in info, payment type)? That's like MYLR timeframe.
I had a 2021 VIN on 11/1, vehicle was born 11/1 but must have already been in production before that. Others got 2022 VINs the same day. Website delivery showed December for new orders so I wasn't too worried about a push out. They unassigned my 2021 VIN and put me on a 1 week hold (until 11/11) to ensure the 2021 MYP vins would all get assigned. I clicked I'm ready Saturday after seeing that new MYP orders were out to January. My EDD said TBD for about 24hrs and then it updated to 2/6-3/6 on Sunday.

I had a 2021 VIN on 11/1, vehicle was born 11/1 but must have already been in production before that. Others got 2022 VINs the same day. Website delivery showed December for new orders so I wasn't too worried about a push out. They unassigned my 2021 VIN and put me on a 1 week hold (until 11/11) to ensure the 2021 MYP vins would all get assigned. I clicked I'm ready Saturday after seeing that new MYP orders were out to January. My EDD said TBD for about 24hrs and then it updated to 2/6-3/6 on Sunday.

I'm in the same boat. Received a VIN for a 2021 car made on 11/01, and placed my order on hold for a week to flush the VIN from the system and restart with the goal of a '22 VIN. When I first jumped back in, my EDD was Jan/Feb, but after a few days pulled back in by a month to Nov/Dec. I'm along for the ride at this point, and fully accept that any delay was a result of my choice to punt on the '21 VIN, but I found it pretty amazing that a few days could cause the EDD to push out by a few months.

I'm in the same boat. Received a VIN for a 2021 car made on 11/01, and placed my order on hold for a week to flush the VIN from the system and restart with the goal of a '22 VIN. When I first jumped back in, my EDD was Jan/Feb, but after a few days pulled back in by a month to Nov/Dec. I'm along for the ride at this point, and fully accept that any delay was a result of my choice to punt on the '21 VIN, but I found it pretty amazing that a few days could cause the EDD to push out by a few months.
Just curious (for you or anyone else who pushed out a 2021 model in order to get a 2022 model year) - is the concern resell value in the future? Because, as I understand it, the MY itself is unchanged from 2021 to 2022. I willingly accepted (well, delivery is scheduled for next week) a 2021 model because I'm leasing and don't have to worry about resell value.

Just to throw another data point out there. I didn’t want to open up another checking/savings account or change direct deposit but was able to find financing for 2.09% for 72 months. Tesla rate-matched that… which expired an they no longer rate match. At that time Tesla was offering 2.49% for 72 months. Today, I was again approved by Tesla for 2.49% 72 months. The difference between 2.09 and 2.49% was less about $8/mo since I’m putting $20k down.… so I accepted it. Perhaps I could keep searching but this is the lowest APR I’ve ever paid for a vehicle and I’m fine with it. If I had more free time I’d shop around a bit more, but I suspect this will be a pretty clean option.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWi
Just curious (for you or anyone else who pushed out a 2021 model in order to get a 2022 model year) - is the concern resell value in the future? Because, as I understand it, the MY itself is unchanged from 2021 to 2022. I willingly accepted (well, delivery is scheduled for next week) a 2021 model because I'm leasing and don't have to worry about resell value.
To me that is the most legitimate reason for wanting a 2022 over late 2021. Resale value/perceived resale value. As far as we know there are no other changes. I had suspected door trim or perhaps a new wheel option, but looks like no change now.

Well, was not expecting this but just got my congratulatory delivery text message, logged in, hit the blue button, and now this. OD and profile completion: 09/25, EDD was 11/15 - 12/13 for weeks with zero movement (unlike with my MYLR experience). Quite surprised since I'm 20 minutes from the Fremont factory so was totally expecting a December EOQ push for me.

6 weeks from OD in California is unfathomable.

Congrats! Same OD here and expecting the same EOQ delivery. Hope I get some good news soon!

Reactions: Darrin.krein
Yeah - It was a resale value play for me. While there are no differences between the '21 and '22 MY, the automotive industry has established value via KBB or NADA delineated largely by model year... so to delay a few months means that I'd be getting ahead of that depreciation curve and would have a "new" 2022 model versus an "old" 2021 model. That being said I was really torn since I've already sold my old vehicle. Thankfully we have a van that we use for camping, so that can fill in as a second vehicle until the MY arrives.