Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered this morning. Couple minor paint and trim issues. Already scheduled a service appointment. All USBs intact and working. Red looks so much better in person. Already in love.View attachment 736556
I'm seriously having mixed feelings about not getting the red, it's so ****ing pretty. Next time for sure. Hey since your car has all the USB ports is your VIN over 310? I'm 317XXX and wondering if I'm likely to have / not have them.

Reactions: KAUSTIN
are mud flap and side PPF included in 2022 MPY or we have to purchase separately from the Tesla store?
I've read that depends on the service center. It seems like the ones up north with lots of weather and crummy roads tend to offer them more than in the good weather states. I live in a front license plate state, but picking up in a back only license plate state, so I'm wondering if they'll give me a front holder since they'll be working the registration for me.

Reactions: Tomcool
That aint happening. It may one day, but that's years off. The chip shortage is going to last for several years... and there's going to be grab for battery cells/raw materials as more companies ramp up vehicle production. Ford has nearly 200,000 Lightening orders and had only planned on making about 10,000 per year... they are now upping that to between 20,000-40,000... but the math still doesn't add up.

Used cars will continue to maintain their value, especially EVs... especially Teslas. Teslas in part because the markup is at the factory. With inflation, the chip shortage and the grab for raw materials, the factory price isn't going anywhere but up. So, whereas dealer markups may ease on other vehicles, lowering the private market value as a result, Tesla's won't have that massive devaluation given its highly unlikely Tesla will ever lower the price, but rather just keep it the same and let inflation catchup (if they ever do determine they've raised it too much that is... which is unlikely).
Agreed. The chip shortage is going to last till early 2023 at the EARLIEST. And new cars from all companies are being built and shipped with less features than 2020’s. My 2021Kia K5 has more features than the new ones. Selling it after delivery for more than I owe. Already got offered 2k above.

This used car market isn’t going anywhere. It will actually get worse (or better if you’re selling)

Will post pics whenever I am able to take some. The delivery process was very fast and pressure-free. I need to look over the car some more but no issues were identified on first 10 min walk around. Even my SA walked around and we couldn’t find any gap or other exterior issues. He said I would not have USB-C ahead of time and he was correct. Tomorrow Tesla will install my 265 and 275 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4’s on the Uberturbines for $125. I received a notification in the Tesla app confirming this appointment which is nice.

I don’t even have 20mi on it yet but I will say that for anyone new to Tesla you’ll get used to regen braking in the first 2 miles, it is natural after that. The acceleration is fantastic and effortless. I’ve driven two twin-turbo V8 BMWs and this is right there, probably a hair faster. I had probably the least real world experience (no test drive, never rode in any Y) of anyone on this board and all I keep thinking about is how fun this vehicle is.

The view out the back is awful but the real-time driving cameras make up for it imo.

The UI overall is pretty intuitive and I like it.

Is this vehicle worth the headaches and stress of crazy EDD movement? Yes.

Will post pics whenever I am able to take some. The delivery process was very fast and pressure-free. I need to look over the car some more but no issues were identified on first 10 min walk around. Even my SA walked around and we couldn’t find any gap or other exterior issues. He said I would not have USB-C ahead of time and he was correct. Tomorrow Tesla will install my 265 and 275 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4’s on the Uberturbines for $125. I received a notification in the Tesla app confirming this appointment which is nice.

I don’t even have 20mi on it yet but I will say that for anyone new to Tesla you’ll get used to regen braking in the first 2 miles, it is natural after that. The acceleration is fantastic and effortless. I’ve driven two twin-turbo V8 BMWs and this is right there, probably a hair faster. I had probably the least real world experience (no test drive, never rode in any Y) of anyone on this board and all I keep thinking about is how fun this vehicle is.

The view out the back is awful but the real-time driving cameras make up for it imo.

Congrats! Good info on the tires, I may just have Tesla install for the convenience if I can ever find AS4 rears. Did you decide to move forward with PPF/tint?

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I took Speed Racer on our road trip to the in-laws tonight. 315 miles. I was a little frustrated at the range, to be honest. I had to stop in Charlotte (about 150 miles) to charge up. I was at 35% but needed it to make it Georgia. Even then, I would have pulled in at only 11% so I stopped in Columbia to get 15% more charge.

And to piss out some of that Starbucks...

The entire trip used about 150% of charge, all told. Seems high considering range is “supposed” to be 300 miles.

Picked up my MSM/black MYP today. Very slight indents with the hood (like all the other model Ys there for delivery). Will try adjusting the screws to see if it helps, otherwise will have SC deal with it.

Only thing was that on the back bumper area, there was slight swirl marks (looks like a dirty rag did a few rubs back and forth). I could have polished/buffed it at home, but SC took care of that in 15 minutes.

Compared to my first gen 2020 MYLR....I was surprised at a bunch of the small changes that were present everywhere in the car. Also appreciate the now included 128 gig USB stick in the glovebox!

And since this is Boise, the mud flap and rear rocker PPF was included for free and already installed.

Can't wait to switch to my winter tires tomorrow morning and do the first 3.5second 0-60 runs. Loved the MYLR with acceleration boost....I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with the additional speed.

Now another month wait for a second MYP in red/white for the wife! (or me....we haven't decided who gets what color yet)

Which tires fit the uberturbines for winter? Can you send me post a link , thanks

Anyone seeing this warning message? It’s one of a number I saw tonight regarding blocked cameras.
A32815B0-FBB1-4E37-A22E-D31977DC3130.jpeg