Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are all of these people who tick the tow box really planning to tow? Seems most who select the tow option are not towing anything. The efficiency is absolutely horrendous towing it's almost not practical.
Not on the regular but I would like to be able to tow things small distances. It was part of the reason I went with the Y over another 3.

Not planning to tow across the state but basically wouldn't mind being able to tow a small trailer for home projects.

Again, for the 4th time, I hit the 2nd day of my EDD just to have it switch up. On top of that, the roof rack I ordered a few weeks ago never came in (even though FedEx says it was delivered).

Loving my Tesla experience so far!

MYP | Black/Black | OD: 9/29 | EDD 11/17-12/17 11/22 - 12/20 11/28 - 12/12 11/30 - 12/26 12/2 - 12/26

Perhaps. Seems implausible the front tires are kicking debris to that small section toward the rear of the vehicle and there's no damage in between.
I guess on the Y the rear wheel well bulges out a bit and that's the part that's susceptible to getting hit with small rocks. But yes the front tires are kicking debris rearward, especially when you're turning as the tire is outside the wheel well.