Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats. Still can’t make heads or tails out of the process. My EDD is literally now. No VIN.

Congrats. Still can’t make heads or tails out of the process. My EDD is literally now. No VIN.

View attachment 739373
Nothing makes sense. I ordered the car specifically when I did because tesla site updated the EDD of myps to January 2022 so I wouldn’t have to deal with putting a car on hold to take advantage of anyBBB credit. It’s not a must-have for me though and I will gladly take the car sooner so it is what it is

The bottom corner of the rear doors take on significant damage over time from foreign objects kicked up by the rear tires.
Pretty sure it's the front tires that kick stuff up and impacts the rear doors.

The PPF should be a nationwide thing though, not just areas with snow. I put 110k miles on a Subaru WRX and had significant road rash despite living in CA.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
Pretty sure it's the front tires that kick stuff up and impacts the rear doors.

The PPF should be a nationwide thing though, not just areas with snow. I put 110k miles on a Subaru WRX and had significant road rash despite living in CA.
Perhaps. Seems implausible the front tires are kicking debris to that small section toward the rear of the vehicle and there's no damage in between.

Same area, similar OD, 2 main differences are color and Tow and you get a VIN... :/
After following this thread, I was pretty much convinced you would have yours before me! I have been thinking it was the white interior holding mine back but my EDD has never gone outside of December. If everything else holds, it would be pretty close to 60 days from original order date 10/12. I've gone to the Plano service center a couple of times and there are so many 3s and a few Ys, but no MYPs. Maybe that's finally changing.

After following this thread, I was pretty much convinced you would have yours before me! I have been thinking it was the white interior holding mine back but my EDD has never gone outside of December. If everything else holds, it would be pretty close to 60 days from original order date 10/12. I've gone to the Plano service center a couple of times and there are so many 3s and a few Ys, but no MYPs. Maybe that's finally changing.

I think it's the tow that holds things up more than they care to admit.

Are all of these people who tick the tow box really planning to tow? Seems most who select the tow option are not towing anything. The efficiency is absolutely horrendous towing it's almost not practical.
My observation is it’s for bikes and cargo boxes more than towing. Better efficiency keeping that stuff on the hitch than roof.