Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any advantage of a Tesla wall charger vs. just getting a NEMA 6-50 outlet installed?
Cleaner install, slightly faster charging. Main driver for me was that I want to keep one dedicated charger in the frunk at all times, the cost of buying an extra charger for the garage was nearly the same cost as the wall connector. The advantages above plus a 30% tax write off on the cost of the connector plus install tipped the scales that way for me.

I needed panel modifications, 60ft of 4 guage wire, dry wall work in my finished basement and garage, and ended up north of $2K. The cost can vary wildly based on how close your panel is to the charger, if it's adequate (~200 amp panel), if there is a need to transit a finished basement or long distances, and the region where you live. My install did take two guys a full day to complete, but they did a quality job. The state of VA also offers a tax rebate for the installation, so I'd check your state for any benefits.

I needed panel modifications, 60ft of 4 guage wire, dry wall work in my finished basement and garage, and ended up north of $2K. The cost can vary wildly based on how close your panel is to the charger, if it's adequate (~200 amp panel), if there is a need to transit a finished basement or long distances, and the region where you live. My install did take two guys a full day to complete, but they did a quality job. The state of VA also offers a tax rebate for the installation, so I'd check your state for any benefits.
Same, full panel in a finished basement on the other side of the house. Getting mine done for about $2000 plus the cost of the charger and got quotes up to $3000. New Jersey.

Did your SA mention that your account on their end said 1/5? I'm wondering if I should ask if they're able to see something I can't!
they do see things we can't. He showed me his backend saying that the production completed date is 12/27 in Fremont even though my EDD shows 12/20-12/31. I'm pretty sure our EDD is based on the possibility of early delivery due to someone else declining delivery.

Reactions: backlash224
those are months away in the US. not a chance
How do you know this? The changes that came to Model Y last year - double-paned front windows, heated steering wheel, USB in glove box, etc - were introduced around the same time in Shanghai and Fremont, about a year ago.

I am not exactly sure when they were first delivered from Shanghai, but I took delivery of a 2021 LR Y last November and saw many people reporting receiving those changes to their Fremont Ys at the time I took delivery of mine. Mine didn't have them though.

It might take months for those changes to come stateside, but it also might not.

Reactions: NHK X