Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-Pure speculation - but I doubt there was/is any issue with the AMD/15v battery combo. Much more likely this a chip shortage/supply chain issue, where AMD is unable to supply the full required demand (I understand PS5 utilizes the same chip) for Tesla right away. Tesla knew that they wouldnt be able to until the end of quarter and publically stated thats when the crossover would occur. So they kept sourcing Intel to supplement their demand. Plenty of customers willing to buy a MY as is with Intel.
As far as the reason for the rollback, absolutely speculation.

What’s not speculation is the pros to a vehicle with:

-better entertainment chipset
-later tech stable 12/15v battery
-cutting edge 4680 battery tech
-resolution to a heat pump issue affecting cold weather climates

These things IMHO are worth waiting a month or so (for someone’s who already been waiting for 3 months) to spend $70k on a vehicle I’m hoping to keep for a long time.

As far as the reason for the rollback, absolutely speculation.

What’s not speculation is the pros to a vehicle with:

-better entertainment chipset
-later tech stable 12/15v battery
-cutting edge 4680 battery tech
-resolution to a heat pump issue affecting cold weather climates

These things IMHO are worth waiting a month or so (for someone’s who already been waiting for 3 months) to spend $70k on a vehicle I’m hoping to keep for a long time.
Do we know if the heat pumps are normally being shipped with current models being delivered recently? Or is this still rare to come across?

What was the difference in time from receiving your VIN then to getting your delivery date?
Got the VIN last night about 5pm EST. I called the Tesla number this morning bright and early to ask about AMD or not and he said it had the new chip and tires as well as he said the car was already on the truck. About an hour after that (this morning) they sent a text and said they would schedule delivery in 2-3 WEEKS. I texted back and said the guy said it was already on the truck and expected to be at delivery center on 2/11. I asked if it could be sooner than 2-3 weeks and he said he would work on it. About 2 hours later we got the text to schedule delivery. Actually could have taken delivery Sunday but we are having a SB party so we picked Monday.

Then I just called my PPF guy and he is fitting us in so literally dropping the car off at PPF Monday night.

VIN range?
Got the VIN last night about 5pm EST. I called the Tesla number this morning bright and early to ask about AMD or not and he said it had the new chip and tires as well as he said the car was already on the truck. About an hour after that (this morning) they sent a text and said they would schedule delivery in 2-3 WEEKS. I texted back and said the guy said it was already on the truck and expected to be at delivery center on 2/11. I asked if it could be sooner than 2-3 weeks and he said he would work on it. About 2 hours later we got the text to schedule delivery. Actually could have taken delivery Sunday but we are having a SB party so we picked Monday.

Then I just called my PPF guy and he is fitting us in so literally dropping the car off at PPF Monday night.

Congrats! Sounds like it was built last week which was still AMD.

Reactions: goin2drt
Congrats! Sounds like it was built last week which was still AMD.
For all we know the AMD could be a bad thing and they are having problems hence switching back. No one really knows and I know folks are speculating that maybe they ran out and going back to Intel but could be the AMD sucks :eek: who knows the real reason. For us it doesn't matter. As long as the car isn't a disaster we are accepting it. There will always be the "next best thing". We never planned on keeping it past the warranty so if we like it then we will just get another and sell this one when the time comes.

Reactions: mmatlock and pd22