Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A VIN means its built. And as soon as a day or two before they tell you the VIN.
Not entirely sure about that. I have heard that VIN can be assigned when they start manufacturing the car. I talked to another advisor on the phone who was more knowledgable and she said that it was still being built and to check back in a couple of days to see if it is Intel or AMD as it does not show up yer.

Not entirely sure about that. I have heard that VIN can be assigned when they start manufacturing the car. I talked to another advisor on the phone who was more knowledgable and she said that it was still being built and to check back in a couple of days to see if it is Intel or AMD as it does not show up yer.
That's crazy that it can get assigned during production, but I believe it. With respect to the processor, I thought they were done w/ the Intel, but based on some recent posts, I guess not. One more thing to clear w/ the SA before accepting/rejecting.

That's crazy that it can get assigned during production, but I believe it. With respect to the processor, I thought they were done w/ the Intel, but based on some recent posts, I guess not. One more thing to clear w/ the SA before accepting/rejecting.
Yea, I got a 380,5XX VIN. Someone else with a 380 said they are getting Intel.

This would be my 2nd Model Y. With V11 I started getting some lag on the backup cameras on my 1st one which was a lemon. I will not be accepting my new one if it is Intel. I'm already pissed that I have to pay $15,000+ for the same exact car after Tesla bought back my original.

• Informative
Reactions: Stook02ss
Well happy days! I got a VIN (NF377XXX)!

I'm doomed to Intel though aren't I? My wife will be driving this in the near term, and I don't think she can stand to wait any longer. :)
I have 372 and was told AMD and li-on battery. You may be ok. However I am with you. My wife would never tell the difference so we are accepting either way unless major other issues.

Got my VIN, plan to sell my Challenger tomorrow. Any reason to not wait until after selling my Challenger to apply for financing on the MYP? Pickup currently set for 2/25.
My Sa told me to wait until it hits the destination pick-up lot and passes inspection. what happens if the car doesn't make it or gets damaged? This is the car I bought in August 2021. 2018 BMW M4 hard top convertible. Took 2 months to get my money back. Then I put the order in for the MYP,(Oct 21) because I couldn't afford a used 2019 Model S Ludicrous because of chip shortage....

Attachments

• 20210818_160836.jpg
    20210818_160836.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 81
Just received an Intel Atom vin today.... REJECTED!!!
Did you put it on hold or just reject? Seems like many are rematched very quickly after which may very well be an Intel again. Tesla states in the agreement you can reject once VIN and they can auto cancel your order if you do it again if chosen.

I haven't gotten my VIN yet, so debating what I'll do if it's Intel. I'd lose about $3.5k if I had my order canceled and went in at current pricing.

• Informative
Reactions: blodg1
Did you put it on hold or just reject? Seems like many are rematched very quickly after which may very well be an Intel again. Tesla states in the agreement you can reject once VIN and they can auto cancel your order if you do it again if chosen.

I haven't gotten my VIN yet, so debating what I'll do if it's Intel. I'd lose about $3.5k if I had my order canceled and went in at current pricing.
3.5k???? When did you order? MYP?

You would need to reject the VIN first, then you typically can.
Any idea how long folks can wait to reject a VIN? Obviously a week is too much, but I feel like if you're goal is to avoid a certain production run, you'll want to put it off as long as possible to avoid getting assigned a VIN from the same batch.

Don't get me wrong, I know you can reject at delivery... but that ls a bit extreme unless it's a build quality issue.

3.5k???? When did you order? MYP?
It's in my signature - 9/22/21. That's a $3k price change + tax savings on that ~$300 (10.1% here) + forfeiture of my $250 deposit + lose out on 11 additional free months of premium connectivity ($110+tax) since I just made the cuttoff. So actually a little more than $3.5K. But then again, if I'm buying a $70k car, what's a few thousand if I'll have regrets, although I'd probably look to sell and purchase in a couple years keeping an eye what they do with range on the 4680's.

It's in my signature - 9/22/21. That's a $3k price change + tax savings on that ~$300 (10.1% here) + forfeiture of my $250 deposit + lose out on 11 additional free months of premium connectivity ($110+tax) since I just made the cuttoff. So actually a little more than $3.5K. But then again, if I'm buying a $70k car, what's a few thousand if I'll have regrets, although I'd probably look to sell and purchase in a couple years keeping an eye what they do with range on the 4680's.
Ah, okay. Sig doesn't show on the mobile version of the site, it's not even in your user info.

But yeah, sounds like you've got a solid reason to keep your reservation!

Ah, okay. Sig doesn't show on the mobile version of the site, it's not even in your user info.

But yeah, sounds like you've got a solid reason to keep your reservation!
In mobile, if you click on the username and then about, it will show signature - I've done it several times when people refer to stuff but don't provide context haha. I'll check out the "user info" area you mention though.

Edit: Updated my user info to include basics. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stook02ss
My Sa told me to wait until it hits the destination pick-up lot and passes inspection. what happens if the car doesn't make it or gets damaged? This is the car I bought in August 2021. 2018 BMW M4 hard top convertible. Took 2 months to get my money back. Then I put the order in for the MYP,(Oct 21) because I couldn't afford a used 2019 Model S Ludicrous because of chip shortage....
Must be one of those Canadian truckers i've heard about.