Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone in the HTX area, do you plan on getting PPF on just the front? torn on if I should get it done (will apply ceramic coating though regardless of my decision)
I'm probably gonna wrap the whole thing eventually, but minimally I'm covering the front. Houston roads and constant construction leave too much to chance. Only question I have is what finish to wrap in.

Reactions: Triplem086
For anyone in the HTX area, do you plan on getting PPF on just the front? torn on if I should get it done (will apply ceramic coating though regardless of my decision)
I go back and forth on doing full front + rockers vs just doing the entire car. With all these new HTX deliveries starting to come in we need to start working on some type of group discount.

Yes, they are noticeably smoother IMO. I have driven both and you can tell the difference. Performance tires are purposefully made to be "harder", which is also why they don't function well in < 40 degrees F.

Don't get me wrong, the A/S aren't going to turn your MYP into a Mercedes. But it is better than the Pirellis.
This is awesome to hear! Being in the Midwest, that will be amazing (as long as I get a newer VIN!) haha

The Michelins are way better imho. A/S tires aren't snow tires. In fact they are 3-season tires that last longer than summer tires. So unless you zip around constantly, hi-performance summer make no sense at all on a 4200lb SUV. I know it can pull .95G, but how often do you pull .95G? You are way better off with the Michelin's in Florida than the easily punctured, easily worn out Perelli P-Zeros.
I will AGREE with that completely! Had P-zeros on a convertible Mustang V6. Grip was horrible (Had to be warmed up for any grip at all) Rain.. forget about it! Longevity is 1/2 of the Michelins. The ride quality diminished quickly and they were a magnet for road hazards (nails).

Got a text asking if I had a trade-in. My EDD hasn't changed from 3/8-3/31. Perhaps the text is a good sign?
I just got the same text as well about trade in. However if I get I vin, I haven’t put a hold yet so I might just to get a 4680 Y. I feel like if I am getting the performance then I want the best performance. If it get the same number of batteries then it’ll have longer range. If it gets less batteries to keep range consistent with non austin then it’ll be lighter which means better handling and braking. I’m in no rush… I’ve got my Model 3 which was one of the first that I don’t plan on trading in. I made the mistake of jumping the gun on that and missed out on getting a performance version later that year. So I’m in no rush.

Good seeing the last few comments talking about having some activity. I've got the 3/9-3/31 EDD but haven't heard anything. I have already declined their Trade in estimate so I'm guessing that is why I didn't get that call!
I didn't have a trade selected, never had a trade, don't even have a trade. Still got a call. My date moved up from the 3/9-3/31 to 3/1-3/13 Saturday morning (26th). Hopefully I'm close, although I'm skeptical because I see a lot of people with older order dates than mine that don't have a VIN yet. We shall see I guess.

Reactions: Maxw72
I just got the same text as well about trade in. However if I get I vin, I haven’t put a hold yet so I might just to get a 4680 Y. I feel like if I am getting the performance then I want the best performance. If it get the same number of batteries then it’ll have longer range. If it gets less batteries to keep range consistent with non austin then it’ll be lighter which means better handling and braking. I’m in no rush… I’ve got my Model 3 which was one of the first that I don’t plan on trading in. I made the mistake of jumping the gun on that and missed out on getting a performance version later that year. So I’m in no rush.
Sounds like you have a good plan. Personally the 4680 and 2170 thing doesn’t matter to me too much. Matter of fact, if I was going 4680, I’d not want one this year. They gotta work out the bugs. That’s me though.

I chose the P strictly because it ships much faster than the LR. Getting pretty tired of filling up at the pump. Lol

So you’re excited about your EDD slipping and now being fully outside the current date?
Yes…if you read most EDD trends in this thread, it means it’s coming soon because it’s a lessened amount from a month to a 2 week window (at least most of the time from what I’ve seen). That’s also inside my current date? It’s just a dedicated 2 week window now.

Good seeing the last few comments talking about having some activity. I've got the 3/9-3/31 EDD but haven't heard anything. I have already declined their Trade in estimate so I'm guessing that is why I didn't get that call!
Yeah mine also shifted from 2/21 - 3/21 to 3/10-3/31. Hoping the shorter window is indicative of something. I didn't get a trade call but I had already accepted the trade.

Reactions: KRS1017 and Maxw72
Yes…if you read most EDD trends in this thread, it means it’s coming soon because it’s a lessened amount from a month to a 2 week window (at least most of the time from what I’ve seen). That’s also inside my current date? It’s just a dedicated 2 week window now.
Mine was always a 2wk window – 3/15-3/31. Couple of days ago (see post history) it shifted ahead 2wks to 2/28-3/14... I hope it doesn't go backward tomorrow as yours did! No calls or anything yet.

Reactions: KRS1017