Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I am planning to place my order soon for a MYP but really want the one with the newer battery, since i live in CA i believe there is no way it wont come from freemont right? Idea is to have one of my friends on the east coast place the order and then ship the car to me. Thoughts?

Hi All, I am planning to place my order soon for a MYP but really want the one with the newer battery, since i live in CA i believe there is no way it wont come from freemont right? Idea is to have one of my friends on the east coast place the order and then ship the car to me. Thoughts?
You would really be rolling the dice as no one knows how long it'll take for Austin production to ramp up. Worst thing that can happen though is you lose $250 and have to wait longer. If you have a friend willing to order an east coast car for you then I would go for it and hope that an Austin VIN comes.

My home delivery is set for Wednesday. I've been curious about how this will go, and am a little worried about having the time to do my checklist prior to accepting delivery. Reading around here and talking to SA, it's always been said to me that I will have all the time I need, but today I got this email from Tesla (emphasis mine):

--

This is the delivery operations team here at Houston-North Delivery Center. We’re excited to see your delivery date is coming soon, congratulations!

On your delivery date you can expect a Tesla representative to contact you, either before or within your 2-hour window, to provide a more refined delivery time. They will drive your Tesla directly to your designated delivery address. Once they arrive, they will assist you in taking delivery, ensure your Tesla app syncs appropriately, and answer any questions you may have at that time.

Please note this process will be brief as they need to return for their next delivery appointment.

We highly recommend watching our helpful Tesla videos or attending our virtual classes found here: Get to Know Your Tesla. If you have a trade in, please ensure it safe to operate, and fueled enough for return to the delivery center.

We're looking forward to your delivery appointment, welcome to the Tesla family, we'll see you very soon!

--

Could just be what they have to say to get ppl to let the driver leave, but I definitely don't want to accept it without fully checking it over. Anyone had a recent home delivery? Wonder if it's still the same as always...? Will report back either way.

Unless something has changed, people in Texas already own the car before delivery. You can go over it to note stuff, but you wont be rejecting anything, because you already will own the car (evidenced by payment having to be received before they will even schedule delivery).

Reactions: SomeGuyInHTown
As far as "EDD dates"

I placed an order for a Model Y Performance on Jan 13th to replace my wifes X3. I am doing outside financing with my credit union, but put "Cash" in the profile. I completed the profile as far as I was able to, on that same Jan 13th. The edd date when I placed the order was March 8th - March 31. It did not change a single time (not once). I also didnt spend a bunch of time refreshing my order page looking for my Vin.

On Friday, March 4th, I got a push notification from the tesla app saying I had a vin assigned, and text messages from the online order people letting me know the same. I had not reached out to them previously, so this is the first contact from them I had. I asked them to please confirm "born on" date, and if the car has the AMD ryzen chip.

They responded in about 2 minutes, saying the car was born on March 3rd, and has the AMD ryzen chip (vin 396***, Freemont, which is actually what I wanted... an amd ryzen car made in freemont with the "known entity" battery). I have a 2018 Model 3 P so am familar with the current battery.

I told them I had decided to finance part of the vehicle through my credit union, and they responded with "please let us know how much". I replied, then they sent me a "please schedule delivery in your tesla account" response. I went to my tesla account, scheduled delivery for this wednesday March 9th.

TL ; DR:

Order date = Jan 13th 2022
1st and only EDD range given = March 8th - March 31
Vin assigned March 4th - Car born March 3
Delivery Scheduled March 9th
Freemont Vin - 396***

Have not (and will not be) filling out any delivery tracking spreadsheets, either here or elsewhere. Im not into that.

As far as "EDD dates"

I placed an order for a Model Y Performance on Jan 13th to replace my wifes X3. I am doing outside financing with my credit union, but put "Cash" in the profile. I completed the profile as far as I was able to, on that same Jan 13th. The edd date when I placed the order was March 8th - March 31. It did not change a single time (not once). I also didnt spend a bunch of time refreshing my order page looking for my Vin.

On Friday, March 4th, I got a push notification from the tesla app saying I had a vin assigned, and text messages from the online order people letting me know the same. I had not reached out to them previously, so this is the first contact from them I had. I asked them to please confirm "born on" date, and if the car has the AMD ryzen chip.

They responded in about 2 minutes, saying the car was born on March 3rd, and has the AMD ryzen chip (vin 396***, Freemont, which is actually what I wanted... an amd ryzen car made in freemont with the "known entity" battery). I have a 2018 Model 3 P so am familar with the current battery.

I told them I had decided to finance part of the vehicle through my credit union, and they responded with "please let us know how much". I replied, then they sent me a "please schedule delivery in your tesla account" response. I went to my tesla account, scheduled delivery for this wednesday March 9th.

TL ; DR:

Order date = Jan 13th 2022
1st and only EDD range given = March 8th - March 31
Vin assigned March 4th - Car born March 3
Delivery Scheduled March 9th
Freemont Vin - 396***

Have not (and will not be) filling out any delivery tracking spreadsheets, either here or elsewhere. Im not into that.
I was always told from the beginning that either stating cash or 3rd party financing is fine, just as long as you complete everything you need to in that “pre profile” to get everything finished. I’ve had my 3rd party financing with the right amount of down payment selected since then, so hoping the whole “cash” thing doesn’t slow anything down.

I caught that.
Nailed it!

In other news, a friend with an M3 in the shop was driving a new loaner MYLR (black trim, double-pane front windows). They let me drive it for a bit. It was my first time driving any Tesla, and it was much better than I was even expecting. I thought the ride was smoother than the 2020 CR-V I've been driving. Hopefully the suspension on the MYP is just as good (or close)! Very fun to drive. Build quality on the new ones seems really good, too. None of this is making the wait easier.

Reactions: WyomingEV