Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the spreadsheet has some very useful data in it that folks have submitted. When I filter on just MYP the average order to delivery shows at 61 days for MYP. When I filter again for MYP in PWM I get 64 days average. When I filter yet again for Maryland I get three results including myself. Both of the other results are EDD in March (one was yesterday).

Going by color alone MSM seems to have the quickest average delivery time of 53 days.

This spreadsheet gives a really good idea of how long it will take. About two months from order to delivery is the average for MYP. I would encourage anyone who hasn't already to put your data in the spreadsheet, then make a copy. You can filter and get all kinds of insight.
I’m at 115 days today.

I just got a F398…. Near Philly, wondering the same thing. Just wish we knew this so we don’t waste time going to see a mid-aligned car…. And wouldn’t it be wasting money to drive these cars back and forth talk over???
Why would you think it’s a reject? Just look at the thread over the past week .. people are getting assigned 396s and up. I also don’t believe the VINs are sequential, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can also ask your SA to provide you with the actual build date.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
I honestly want to say VINs go by the build; meaning, I think the black on black (like mine) and others like mine that have gotten theirs lately are 400 like mine, but different colors and combos are basically “396” then different numbers. If that makes sense? Lol Almost like they make a bunch of the same combo at the same time, so the older VINs are still new but created with other like-combos.

Well the spreadsheet has some very useful data in it that folks have submitted. When I filter on just MYP the average order to delivery shows at 61 days for MYP. When I filter again for MYP in PWM I get 64 days average. When I filter yet again for Maryland I get three results including myself. Both of the other results are EDD in March (one was yesterday).

Going by color alone MSM seems to have the quickest average delivery time of 53 days.

This spreadsheet gives a really good idea of how long it will take. About two months from order to delivery is the average for MYP. I would encourage anyone who hasn't already to put your data in the spreadsheet, then make a copy. You can filter and get all kinds of insight.
The data is interesting but is a fairly small sample size. In terms of delivery velocity, look at the delivery rate tab and compare current quarter vs previous for a better idea. It's barely budged in the last week btw.

1647181820731.png

I can’t say 100% on the VINs but I do know Tesla builds in batches. So 396 and 400 is basically 4 or 5000 vehicles. It certainly makes sense that one exterior/interior color combo could possibly be 4 or 5 thousand off from another interior/exterior combo.

From the spreadsheet it looks like on average MSM vehicles are about a week quicker order to delivery than the average. White is about three days more than the average.

if you choose a rare interior/exterior combo that could make it take significantly longer i would think again because they are building in batches.

They use the orders to determine when they build that batch. So if they don’t have enough orders for a certain combo i would think those orders would get pushed. Speculation of course as I don’t know what Tesla’s actual process is.

Reactions: KRS1017
Based only on my experience their evaluation is low because the do not actually want trade-ins. They send everything to auctions, they are not a dealer.
My Rubicon was quoted 46 by Tesla and 53 elsewhere...
My experience with trading in Teslas to Tesla has been great, I was offered $66,500 for a 2020 YP with FSD and 18k miles in December. In Feb they offered $69,976 for our 2020 YP with 7k miles. I'm not sure about non Tesla vehicles though.

The data is interesting but is a fairly small sample size. In terms of delivery velocity, look at the delivery rate tab and compare current quarter vs previous for a better idea. It's barely budged in the last week btw.

View attachment 780149
Is that for MYP only or for all the MY orders? I was filtering out anything that wasn’t a P.

Agree on the sample size. Its only an estimate and I didn’t filter down based on interior color selection….only exterior color.

Is that for MYP only or for all the MY orders? I was filtering out anything that wasn’t a P.
No filter. I was using it more to compare and contrast "are they moving faster or slower" but you're right in terms of the focus of this thread on MYP. It doesn't appear to be easy to filter just for MYP based on the cell formulas used but maybe after a few cups of coffee I'll try to pivot that date myself.

There is just not enough data for MYP to get anything meaningful IMO.

1647182969151.png

Added filters for Performance / Delivery Date greater than 31 Dec 2021and there are 41 entries.

Here's some crappy stats to show how little this tracker is measuring:

300k MY/M3 Q4 vehicle sales, lets say half are MY. Of that 150k, roughly 25% of the tracker are MYP vs MYL, that gives us 37500. 41 entries out of 37,500 MYP gives us %.109 of all sales on the tracker. That's not enough of a representation to draw any meaningful conclusions.

Last edited: