Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
1653230581420.jpeg

1653230596924.jpeg

1653230620772.jpeg

I see we're not going to break any new ground by continuing this discussion.

If I were in your shoes I'd switch too.

What led folks to think the queues were different? The EDD Tesla advertises on the order page. EDD for MYP is ~2-3 months while for MYLR is 9-12+ months. It isn't unreasonable to assume the estimate is a reflection of two different queues or at least somewhat accurate. Nor is it unreasonable to be frustrated when someone who switches their order to MYP gets prioritized while your order gets pushed past the original EDD.

I don't see any reason to attack folk for switching or being frustrated with the situation. This is the process Tesla has set up so any negative feelings should be directed at them.
At the same time, OG MYP orders from March and April should also recognize that their orders were pushing back the LR orders too.

Unfortunately, there's only 1 line. In order for nobody to be pushed back, P models would have to get zero priority from the start.

These are all growing pains, and there is no perfect solution that will satisfy everyone.

It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
1653148639508.jpeg
Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: Wan Wu and Jones1
Another EDD bump to May 24 - June 2

Previous bumps:
April 12 - May 10
May 15 - June 19
May 12 - June 9
May 15 - May 29
May 18 - June 1
May 21 - June 1

OD: December 2021 MYLR with 20” wheels
Switched to MYP 3/11/2022 White/Black

Well, just got the text, VIN has now been assigned! And EDD updated again to May 22 - May 28. So within a few hours today the EDD has jumped 2 times. Time to get some insurance quotes and get the payment ready. I am looking forward to stopping the madness of constantly checking the Tesla app for updates.

Well, just got the text, VIN has now been assigned! And EDD updated again to May 22 - May 28. So within a few hours today the EDD has jumped 2 times. Time to get some insurance quotes and get the payment ready. I am looking forward to stopping the madness of constantly checking the Tesla app for updates.
Have the same config and VIN assigned this morning. What’s your first 3? I got F447

I think the only way for someone who ordered MYP in late Feb/March to get their car this quarter is to switch lines to the MYLR line and then do the switch back to the MYP line. Then you’ll get to hop in front of where you originally were patiently waiting.
People should stop playing games with the ordering and stop calling tesla 10 times a week…. Some of the stuff I read on these threads is insane.

Note: once your EDD range shrinks to under 2 weeks, you are about to get your VIN.
Note 2: Holding strong to my prediction that most of you who placed your order in March or earlier will get your VIN by end of this quarter.
Well, I’ve had 4 windows between 8 and 14 days before my current 5-week EDD 6/13-7/18. Congrats to everyone that got their VINs after their first 2-week EDD. To the others still waiting, hang on and try to enjoy the ride!

But, hope springs eternal and I fully support your prediction that March (or earlier) orders will get a VIN by EOQ!

Picked up today also.
Be told that I can not inspect inside of the car till I accept the car. Did not expect that. (But there is 100 mile policy)
Michelin all season tyres and charging cable, which is a surprise.
Driving is a bit bumpy. And driving wheel is heavy. Also, one petal drive is not easy...
I love one pedal drive.
After my Mercedes
and a couple of my Cadillac’s
it is the smoothest ride I’ve owned.
Congratulations 🍾🎈🎊

So you ordered in May and have that early of an EDD? I ordered in march and I’m 6/8-7/6. MYP. With tow. Northeast delivery.

Yep that's correct. I'm starting to think that OD and EDD is all regional / store location proximity dependent. People have been talking about one line for MYP and one line for MYLR, but I think there are many lines for each combination at each regional area that they service. That would make the most sense to me because some of the OD and EDD differences between people just don't add up.

Although my theory might be easily proven wrong if someone else from the Cleveland area has a Black/Black MYP where the EDD is after and an OD before mine.