Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There isnt an edit button on these things lol. I thought it was April but wife had to correct me and show the order email. 🙂

I got the vin last week. EDD used to be 05/30-06/15. Surprised they hit it. I was expecting a delay like others.
Nice. Going off of this range I should expect a VIN by next week if this pattern holds true. My EDD date is a week after yours

Reactions: Horty4
For posterity I am 3/20 ODD - MYP, MSM/black/tow/no-fsd in the bay area. Original edd was 5/13 - 6/24 or something like that and then got bumped to 6/7-7/12 a few weeks back. Woke up this morning with a 5/24-5/28 and VIN.

Pleasant surprise, still not sure why and a little skeptical but yolo
Does the update always appear via the App or logging into the website with no other update notification from Tesla or the SA?

Interesting. Blue is supposed to be a quicker delivery than the freebie colors. Crap, I guess I might be getting someone’s reject 😄. I will take it as long as the panels are not bolted upside down lol.
That’s what I heard as well, however…
i Have also heard the cars are built in color batches. This makes sense, but it means timing is important, but an unknown factor. Here is a scenario that might demonstrate the seemingly odd jumping
for every 1000 whites Tesla sells 100 blues, and 50 reds.
The order is white, black, silver, blue, red (totally made up)
at the time your order is placed in the queue there are 990 whites in the cue, 95 blue, and 48 reds.
Your car is blue, and blue production cycle is just ending so you must wait until it comes around again. but somebody else chose red and there is a place in the queue just as he orders and he gets a vin way before you, as does every other white, and every other color, but only because of timing.
this may not be the way it works, but it makes sense of an otherwise confusing system.

Congrats! Need to know the magic to getting the VIN. I have the exact same config and ordered 20 days prior to you
I really think it has at least a little to do with your location. I don't know the logic but it seems a few of us in Houston all got VINS at the same time. I know when I bought my Model X they said it out right. When ordering if you lived in this area you would have it by some date. Different dates for different areas.

Reactions: weathergeekdan