Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is also a concern of mine.

Tesla gave me 3.5% good until July 6. Now I am pushed back to late July to Aug.

Rumor is rates will be going up again THIS WEEK. And then possibly again end of July.

IF, my DD is actually Aug, I can see a whole point percentage going up from now until then. That is going to make a huge difference in monthly payments.
Yes same concern I had. I was given 2.7 in March and now it's 3.7. and you're right, feds plan on jumping again soon. Not sure how it will effect rates the rest of the year and early next.

Reactions: Mark52479
Well, I am crushed. Just entered the 10 day window and got pushed to a larger than a month window, more than a month and a half from now....

Yup same with me.

I was 10 day window and now all the way to July 17- Aug 21

Over on The Y Subreddit I am seeing a bunch of MYP people also getting pushed back over a month this morning.

I wonder what happened?
Unfortunately, this is the game Tesla has been playing recently. EDD will be kept just close enough to keep you hopeful that you'll get your vehicle soon. Then when you get close Tesla will push it out a few more weeks, rinse and repeat. I've been pretty vocal about this because it has not only been frustrating to me personally, but has happened to so many that it's obvious Tesla is not being up front. This needs to be fixed. Bait-and-switch is not a good introduction to your product.

I am calling a bit of BS on this. My guess is that it includes the large amount of LR switchers. I am over 3 months now and included FSD.
Yes there seems to be two cohorts of MYP orders. OG and Switch may average out to three months but I'd bet if you were somehow able to average the two types of orders separately, you'd see a significant difference.

I just posted this in the Florida Waiting Room thread but think it applies here as well. I had ordered a MYLR the same as my existing 0062xx MY on Feb 1. A month or so ago I changed the color to blue as my current one. The EDD went from Oct-Nov to Nov-Feb. I saw quite a few people changed their order to a MYP to get it sooner.. I decided to do that a week ago. All of a sudden I have a VIN and an EDD of 06/24-28. This is a surprise. I guess I should be getting ready for it. A couple days ago the EDD was Aug-Oct and now this. This new VIN is 465xxx. Thoughts?

I just posted this in the Florida Waiting Room thread but think it applies here as well. I had ordered a MYLR the same as my existing 0062xx MY on Feb 1. A month or so ago I changed the color to blue as my current one. The EDD went from Oct-Nov to Nov-Feb. I saw quite a few people changed their order to a MYP to get it sooner.. I decided to do that a week ago. All of a sudden I have a VIN and an EDD of 06/24-28. This is a surprise. I guess I should be getting ready for it. A couple days ago the EDD was Aug-Oct and now this. This new VIN is 465xxx. Thoughts?
Thoughts… should’ve ordered the P to begin with. Basically took someone else’s who has been waiting for the car they wanted from the second they ordered it.

So I took delivery of my MYP on Saturday. Car is great. No big panel gaps. Everything aligns nicely. I have no issues with ride quality so far (my previous car was a Model X so I was a bit worried). Came with the summer tires but since I live in Houston that is not a big deal.

Now for the rant part...I was schedule for home delivery on 6/10. I did not have the option to pick up at the service center. Was told that if you live within 30 miles of the service center it will be delivered. Not sure if that is really true though. Driver shows up in the wrong car. She transposed two vin numbers and grabbed the wrong car. This happens at 5pm and it would take her an hour to get back with the correct car and that wouldn't work for me due to other plans. She admits it is totally her fault and agrees to come in early on Saturday and deliver the current car. Around 10am Saturday the correct car arrives. I give it the inspection it deserves and find no issues. She goes to check a few things on the Model X I am trading and seems to be taking a while. Finally gets out and says we have a small problem. Turns out my financing expired on the 9th. I was financing through Tesla (although they just farm it out to the lowest rate they can find. In this case BMO Harris bank). I had applied on April 11th and new I would be pushing it to keep the rate I originally had (2.99%). She said I should be able to keep the rate since it was only a couple of days but they couldn't get ahold of anybody at the bank to confirm. I wasn't really hopefull but I did talk to a few friends in the banking business and both said the lenders do have some leeway in situations like this. After talking to her "manager", they agree to let me keep the car but I can't yet "accept delivery" until we get this straightened out. I figured if they can't keep the rate I will just re-shop it on Monday. She leaves and I have plans with friends about 50 miles out of town later in the day. We take the Y to meet the friends and she calls me around 5 and says they can't do anything for me. The rate they are now offering is now 3.74%. I ask for some documentation that proves my rate really expired on the 9th (take screen shots of all of your agreements in the app). They send me some documents that were just plain wrong. So they get a finance person on the phone and finally show me something with the correct info. I tell her I will have to think about what I want to do. She then calls me back around 6 and tells me she has been talking with her "manager" and now they tell me if I don't accept the car on Saturday I will have to return it and have it go back into inventory. Now I am getting upset at getting strong armed into taking this but I know there isn't much I can do. They would flip this car the next day. So just to make them sweat I tell them I still need to think about it. She calls again around 7 and says she can't leave the office until I either accept the car or tell her to come get it. Keep in mind this is in no way her fault. She is just stuck in the middle of it and I told her as much. I finally accepted the new financing and the car through the app. At the end of the day I am only financing around $15k so this whole debacle puts me back around $300 which isn't huge considering the purchase. I just don't like being pushed around. I also conveniently forgot to return the mobile charger with the X (not sure if I was supposed to) so that is a $200 value back to me.