Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I was told Performance vehicles were often a shorter wait and would beat estimates because “there is less demand for them.”

Well, now there’s more demand so…
I have not seen the order numbers, but I would guess that the vast majority of people ordering MYs are still ordering LR keeping the demand for them significantly higher. I think we (the forum community) are the minority and we more closely pay attention than the average person ordering Teslas.. Again no scientific research here, just a hunch.

Reactions: Tycanflyy
I have not seen the order numbers, but I would guess that the vast majority of people ordering MYs are still ordering LR keeping the demand for them significantly higher. I think we (the forum community) are the minority and we more closely pay attention than the average person ordering Teslas.. Again no scientific research here, just a hunch.
This exactly....this forum is such a small sample of the MY orders. On here there is a significant number of MYLR to MYP switchers because we learn it is possible, easy to do and many go for it. But overall I bet it is an insignificant percentage of orders and is having minimal to no effect on original MYP orders.

Reactions: Wooly1
Well well well… app is saying Dec 8 to Feb 2 but somewhere in the Tesla system a human is saying end of September. Not ideal, but I can handle that.

Attachments

• ABF89A3A-093D-417A-9673-7782569CA248.jpeg
    ABF89A3A-093D-417A-9673-7782569CA248.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: RCHume and Bridge
Well well well… app is saying Dec 8 to Feb 2 but somewhere in the Tesla system a human is saying end of September. Not ideal, but I can handle that.
Also weird that for every tesla person that says "our internal system" shows "XYZ" there is another tesla person that only says "our system only shows what you see in your app/online and nothing different."

Reactions: OH_WATT and RCHume
In my scenario, I've ordered and I'm still being tended to while you're still in line behind me. Had I gotten my club sandwich and then changed my mind that you're in the right to get the meat loaf but I was still being tended to. Your order was placed but the chef is tending to the order numbers as they come in. My order number in the system is ahead of yours so the chef will get to mine before he makes yours. He won't even know he's out of meat loaf until your order number on the spin rack / system comes up. But we both know that's not exactly how Tesla works. It seems more likely they take the higher profit orders 90% of the time. Seems like they fulfill 9 of the higher profit orders and then toss in 1 of the old orders. Either way it sucks we all have to wait so long.
I actually can understand both sides. If you were in line and decided to get 2 servings of meat loaf, and a side of mashed potatoes wouldn’t that change things? Sorry, but this comparison did at least bring some humor to this tense situation At least for me. It’s also not easy for Tesla to be 100% fair in this either. I would Think that if they hadn’t prioritized like this many wouldn’t have switched in the first place and when we get these dates that show 3 more months then the last, it does make you want to do SOMETHING even though it might be that a week later the MYLR orders get corrected to more appealing dates (something that is happening right now).

maybe something that would be somewhat fair would be if you were 80% toward the front of the line for the MYLR, if you switched, you go to 80% on the MYP line (I think this was mentioned earlier). This could also be what they are already doing but we really don’t know how they prioritize. I also think configuration has a huge effect on EDD. Heard white cars seem to have a much longer lead times, then again, maybe more people order white? Who knows?

Also weird that for every tesla person that says "our internal system" shows "XYZ" there is another tesla person that only says "our system only shows what you see in your app/online and nothing different."
Last week my order said TBD, I sent support a message asking how often estimated delivery dates were refreshed? About 8 hours later, I got a response saying their internal system was showing the end of July to the beginning of August. About 3 hours later, my app updated to August 1st - 15th.

I actually can understand both sides. If you were in line and decided to get 2 servings of meat loaf, and a side of mashed potatoes wouldn’t that change things? Sorry, but this comparison did at least bring some humor to this tense situation At least for me. It’s also not easy for Tesla to be 100% fair in this either. I would Think that if they hadn’t prioritized like this many wouldn’t have switched in the first place and when we get these dates that show 3 more months then the last, it does make you want to do SOMETHING even though it might be that a week later the MYLR orders get corrected to more appealing dates (something that is happening right now).

maybe something that would be somewhat fair would be if you were 80% toward the front of the line for the MYLR, if you switched, you go to 80% on the MYP line (I think this was mentioned earlier). This could also be what they are already doing but we really don’t know how they prioritize. I also think configuration has a huge effect on EDD. Heard white cars seem to have a much longer lead times, then again, maybe more people order white? Who knows?
Haha yeah I'm just trying to understand Tesla logic. In the end, you just have to not care too much and try to use the system to your advantage. Also try not to order the apple pie because two servings of meat loaf is already bad enough.

Just going to leave this here to make someone’s day.
Pastries? Oh snap! All etiquette goes out the window when it comes to bread.

Reactions: Arcaj
I dunno, if I'm in the cafeteria line and I'm ahead of you and originally ordered the club sandwich but as I got closer to the register and decided I rather have the last piece of meat loaf which is what you wanted, Should you get the meat loaf before me? It sucks but it is what it is. Priorrity should go to the person in line first but obviously we've seen examples with Tesla doing the opposite. There are still folks waiting on LRs from June/August while those who have ordered the exact same configs who ordered much later get theirs first. We're all just at the mercy of whatever it is Tesla wants to do it seems.
But I don’t like meat loaf!!! I would say, stick with the club sandwich 😉

In my scenario, I've ordered and I'm still being tended to while you're still in line behind me. Had I gotten my club sandwich and then changed my mind that you're in the right to get the meat loaf but I was still being tended to. Your order was placed but the chef is tending to the order numbers as they come in. My order number in the system is ahead of yours so the chef will get to mine before he makes yours. He won't even know he's out of meat loaf until your order number on the spin rack / system comes up. But we both know that's not exactly how Tesla works. It seems more likely they take the higher profit orders 90% of the time. Seems like they fulfill 9 of the higher profit orders and then toss in 1 of the old orders. Either way it sucks we all have to wait so long.
But here’s the thing, it’s not the same because you were in a different line. You were in a specific line for a club sandwich and I was in a line for meatloaf. Now all of a sudden you decide you want meatloaf, my thought is you should probably go to the back of the meatloaf line. That makes sense at all?

This exactly....this forum is such a small sample of the MY orders. On here there is a significant number of MYLR to MYP switchers because we learn it is possible, easy to do and many go for it. But overall I bet it is an insignificant percentage of orders and is having minimal to no effect on original MYP orders.
I actually agree with that logic! But still, the banter is fun! 😆

So so true!!!! I had someone at Tesla say The day after I took off the hitch that they could see my order has showing August to September And that the app would take several days to update. The next time I called they said we see what you see and they all get updated at the same time. Total inconsistencies!

But here’s the thing, it’s not the same because you were in a different line. You were in a specific line for a club sandwich and I was in a line for meatloaf. Now all of a sudden you decide you want meatloaf, my thought is you should probably go to the back of the meatloaf line. That makes sense at all?
I’m enjoying this thread…. Unfortunately, I’ve been waiting in line since November. I actually got to the front of the line with my EDD showing June 7-21. I just waited there for 2 days - checking the app 20 times an hour for the chef to fill my plate - only to get pushed back in line with some hope of eating between Aug 7 and Aug 21st. Man am I hungry…

Reactions: RCHume and Bridge
Yeah, maybe some places have multiple lines but in this instance it's one line for a model Y. If I switched to a model S, I'm guessing I'd go to the back of the line.