Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess that is one option… waiting to hear back from my credit union where my existing car is currently financed. They have fantastic rates and we’re pretty quick before (~3 days) but the weekend has me worried since Tesla is pushing for pick up by Aug 8th, even though I just got the VIN yesterday morning… (previous to that I was estimated as mid September to mid October)

I would feel better if I had till Wed/Thur of next week.
The only issue with refinancing is you have to wait like 3 months i think before you can do so title has a chance to get where it needs to go and by then where will rates be not to mention all the rates I look at refinance is considered used and the rates are higher with a few exceptions

Bad news for me today - new EDD :( back to a 4 week window when I was just inside an 11 day window. This is getting a bit irritating at this point.

MYP Blue/White, no Tow no FSD
OD May 17
EDD: Late July - Early Sept
EDD2: June 24 - July 8
EDD3: Aug 3 - Sep 7 (Updated June 25)
EDD4: Aug 12 - Sep 9 (Updated July 21)
EDD5: Aug 4 - Aug 15 (Updated July 30)
EDD6: Aug 20 - Sep 17 (Updated Aug 5)

Washington, near Seattle.

The only issue with refinancing is you have to wait like 3 months i think before you can do so title has a chance to get where it needs to go and by then where will rates be not to mention all the rates I look at refinance is considered used and the rates are higher with a few exceptions
Thank you for mentioning that! Didn’t even think about that!

I’m stuck between just giving up the car and cancel the order so I can wait till January or take it now. Partly want it now because of still fairly favorable rates and good trade values, but part of me wants the $7500 next year…

The refinancing situation would be the worst of both. Miss out on $7500 AND maybe get stuck with a 4.5+ rate…

I’ll give it a few more hours and then call Tesla and ask if I can push it till the end of next week because my credit union isn’t open on the weekend and 48 hours just wasn’t enough time.

Also, still waiting on my trade in value from Tesla, no way am I going to blindly schedule my delivery before I even know what they’ll give me on the trade! They haven’t responded to my text message asking about what tires this vehicle has OR me asking how long the trade offer takes (my little nudge for someone to hit the buttons faster).

BUT, the same number has texted me twice reminding me to schedule delivery…

Thank you for mentioning that! Didn’t even think about that!

I’m stuck between just giving up the car and cancel the order so I can wait till January or take it now. Partly want it now because of still fairly favorable rates and good trade values, but part of me wants the $7500 next year…

The refinancing situation would be the worst of both. Miss out on $7500 AND maybe get stuck with a 4.5+ rate…

I’ll give it a few more hours and then call Tesla and ask if I can push it till the end of next week because my credit union isn’t open on the weekend and 48 hours just wasn’t enough time.

Also, still waiting on my trade in value from Tesla, no way am I going to blindly schedule my delivery before I even know what they’ll give me on the trade! They haven’t responded to my text message asking about what tires this vehicle has OR me asking how long the trade offer takes (my little nudge for someone to hit the buttons faster).

BUT, the same number has texted me twice reminding me to schedule delivery…

Something to keep in mind

Claiming the Federal Tax Credit

A tax credit means an EV buyer will receive up to a $7,500 reduction in their tax liability for the year. But this is a flat credit, which means it is only worth the full $7,500 if the individual’s tax bill is at least $7,500. If an EV buyer has a tax bill of, say, $3,000 at the end of the year, the EV tax credit can only be a maximum of $3,000. The IRS will not go over and above this total tax liability figure, and in this example, the remaining $4,500 of the EV’s total tax credit will not be useable. Furthermore, that unused portion will not apply to future years’ taxes.

Claiming the federal tax credit occurs when filing a yearly tax return. The IRS has included a section that addresses the purchase of electric vehicles. Like anything else tax-related, it is best to consult an accountant or tax expert to claim an EV tax credit correctly.

A tax credit means an EV buyer will receive up to a $7,500 reduction in their tax liability for the year. But this is a flat credit, which means it is only worth the full $7,500 if the individual’s tax bill is at least $7,500. If an EV buyer has a tax bill of, say, $3,000 at the end of the year, the EV tax credit can only be a maximum of $3,000. The IRS will not go over and above this total tax liability figure, and in this example, the remaining $4,500 of the EV’s total tax credit will not be useable. Furthermore, that unused portion will not apply to future years’ taxes.

Claiming the federal tax credit occurs when filing a yearly tax return. The IRS has included a section that addresses the purchase of electric vehicles. Like anything else tax-related, it is best to consult an accountant or tax expert to claim an EV tax credit correctly.
This is also assuming that the bill actually passes as-is

Right, that would fully offset my taxes plus allow me to covert some money from a workplace 401k to a workplace Roth.

All of that doesn’t matter though since Tesla doesn’t qualify currently for those tax credits. The new bill will make them a point of sale if you don’t have enough tax liability. I would be fine if they’re retroactive even just as the standard written bill in effect now (so not refundable or point of sale), but as it stands right this moment, it’s $0.

Right, that would fully offset my taxes plus allow me to covert some money from a workplace 401k to a workplace Roth.

All of that doesn’t matter though since Tesla doesn’t qualify currently for those tax credits. The new bill will make them a point of sale if you don’t have enough tax liability. I would be fine if they’re retroactive even just as the standard written bill in effect now (so not refundable or point of sale), but as it stands right this moment, it’s $0.
Correct. This was if you decided to wait. Or for anyone else that might be considering it. 👍

Washington state. For order purposes I’m in the Seattle area, normally live over on the east side of the state though.
Seem very unlikely you go another 2 months. Anything is possible but ultimately could consider locking anytime if you feel confident it won’t be 2 more months and if your ok applying again if it does.
Where are people going for a good loan rate? Like to start thinking about locking something in.

Where are people going for a good loan rate? Like to start thinking about locking something in.
I went with Alliant credit Union because they also are a lender Tesla uses but third party they are and better rates. But they brag about there experience dealing with Tesla and actually have regular loans and Tesla loans. Probably could have found a little better rate but I like the piece of mind they will work quickly and know what they are doing

Reactions: RCHume
Bad news for me today - new EDD :( back to a 4 week window when I was just inside an 11 day window. This is getting a bit irritating at this point.

MYP Blue/White, no Tow no FSD
OD May 17
EDD: Late July - Early Sept
EDD2: June 24 - July 8
EDD3: Aug 3 - Sep 7 (Updated June 25)
EDD4: Aug 12 - Sep 9 (Updated July 21)
EDD5: Aug 4 - Aug 15 (Updated July 30)
EDD6: Aug 20 - Sep 17 (Updated Aug 5)

Washington, near Seattle.
Did they run out of blue paint?! Mine also got bumped again today.

Did they run out of blue paint?! Mine also got bumped again today.
I Originally ordered on March 15th for Grey/Black/Tow, 2 weeks ago I changed to Blue since my kids said he like blue better and today I finally received my vin f517 in email and I went to Tesla this afternoon a SA told me the car just left from factory and it’s on the way and normally takes 3-5 days to canada

After talking to my SA there are 2 seperate systems to estimate delivery. The EDD we have on the tesla app, and an internal system where they ‘soft match’ that helps them estimate when a VIN will be assigned and car delivered. These 2 systems dont always correlate with each other. For example i have an EDD of 8/11-8/20 with no VIN. Their internal system however says that I will likely be assigned a VIN in late august and delivery expected in early September.

To sum it up… none of it makes sense.

After talking to my SA there are 2 seperate systems to estimate delivery. The EDD we have on the tesla app, and an internal system where they ‘soft match’ that helps them estimate when a VIN will be assigned and car delivered. These 2 systems dont always correlate with each other. For example i have an EDD of 8/11-8/20 with no VIN. Their internal system however says that I will likely be assigned a VIN in late august and delivery expected in early September.

To sum it up… none of it makes sense.
I've had the feeling there were 2 systems. But it seems like 90% of SAs won't acknowledge the internal one. :(

Well I lost $200 on my trade value, $70,200 when about 15 days ago it was $70,400.

After tax I believe it’ll be $4,600 out of pocket to go from my 19 month old Model Y LR to a brand new Performance Y… I’m thinking yes to this, lol

Anyone know of a lender that has a decent rate on an 84 month term that moves fast (mainly electronic and could get a loan written in a day?) I’m only financing about $30k…

Well I lost $200 on my trade value, $70,200 when about 15 days ago it was $70,400.

After tax I believe it’ll be $4,600 out of pocket to go from my 19 month old Model Y LR to a brand new Performance Y… I’m thinking yes to this, lol

Anyone know of a lender that has a decent rate on an 84 month term that moves fast (mainly electronic and could get a loan written in a day?) I’m only financing about $30k…
I think a Tesla loan is up to 4.49%. Love to do better than that but don’t know where to go.