Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new and considering purchasing a MYP. I see a lot of “No Tow” orders. Is there a problem with the tow?

Also, delivery dates seem all over the map. Are these dates any better for new orders or location, I’m in the northeast.
I put in an order on 08/26 - White/White/No Tow/No FSD and my current estimated delivery window is 09/17-10/15. I’m in Washington DC.

Reactions: jerome8283
I no longer have a VIN and moved to a 13 day window of 9/13-9/26. I don't even know what to think at this point. I guess it was because I swapped FSD back to EAP? $6k was enough to give the VIN to someone else and my 157 days at this point doesn't matter as much.

Wow - for the life of me I can't figure out why all of this would be happening to you. Sure there are some random changes that we've seen seemingly out of nowhere but it's happened to you 2-3 times. I'm sorry!

Our EDD just got pushed back slightly and moved from a 13 to 14 day window.

OD: 07/09
EDD1: August-October
EDD2: 9/12 - 10/17
EDD3: 9/5 - 10/3
EDD4: 9/4 - 9/17
EDD5: 9/10 - 9/24

Located in Denver. MYP Red / White / No Tow / No FSD

Last edited:
Tesla responded this morning that the VIN was mismatched after the FSD to EAP change, and that it should not have mismatched:

The unmatch should not have happened. All vehicles are capable of changing the Fsd configuration.

I have already been approved for financing with a 3rd party, so they are trying to get me a new VIN "ASAP", which I have no faith in that happening. I will not re-apply for financing either. If they deliver the car, I'll look it over and decide to keep it or not. I'm a little afraid of purchasing it and having to deal with Tesla for any problems that I might have with the vehicle. If they can't deliver it before my financing expires, I'm done with this company as a whole.

I’m new and considering purchasing a MYP.
Just do it. You will not be disappointed in the end. Order it the way you want it. You will be repeatedly jerked around anyway. It's unrelated to your configuration. Get the car you want and hunker down for the wait. Might be best to just forget you ordered a Tesla to avoid frustration. Some things I concluded from my journey below. Now that the journey ended many weeks ago, and I have exactly what I wanted and still not any issues with it, I can say it was indeed worth it. Would I do it again? Sure. But knowing what I know now, the wait would be drama free.

Comments based on personal experience and observation. Your mileage may vary and things change.

• EDDs mean absolutely nothing until you have a VIN. Repeat.. Absolutely nothing.
  • I have learned not to believe anything that any SA tells me. I am a slow learner so just imagine how much repetition this learning experience required.
  • Allocation of cars for existing orders is completely random. There is no line and absolutely anything can happen. The same car configuration could be delivered to one person in days or weeks and another person in many months or even over a year.
  • Responses from SAs often seem like canned bot responses. One SA told me that they don’t use automated responses. If that’s true, and actual humans are sending these responses, things at Tesla are way worse than even I can imagine.
  • Nothing you can do will affect your delivery date, unless you switch from a MYLR order to an MYP. Then you can snag someone else’s original MYP order and send them to the back end of nowhere adding weeks or months to their wait. But, being quietly patient or a squeaky wheel makes no difference.
  • The SAs don’t know anything beyond what you can see in your account. If they have any answers to your questions, they just make them up. Basically, I think they just want to placate you so you go away.

Last edited:
I’m new and considering purchasing a MYP. I see a lot of “No Tow” orders. Is there a problem with the tow?

Also, delivery dates seem all over the map. Are these dates any better for new orders or location, I’m in the northeast.
A lot of people like myself don't need a tow hitch.

My EDDs stayed consistent and I'm taking delivery next week(You can see my EDD in my signature). Some people have a negative experience with EDDs but from what I've seen you should get your vehicle within the dates shown at the time of order.

I have noticed a somewhat consistent trend with the EDDs & VIN assignments based on watching peoples journeys on this thread. The first EDD seems to have a date range range of about 5 weeks. Second EDD range is closer to 4 weeks. Third EDD range is 2 weeks. Fourth EDD is about 12 days. A VIN can obviously pop anywhere along this path, but when you get to the 12 day mark, VINs seem to pop very very soon thereafter. You can probably even see the VIN in the source code when you get to the 12 day mark. It also seems like the VIN assignment is near the beginning date of the 2nd EDD (the 4 week one). My 4 week range was 9/10-10/8. My current EDD is now in the two week range (9/14-9/28). If my theory plays true, I could very well be getting a VIN around that 9/10 date. My order date was 7/9/22.

Of course there is no perfect science to this and other variables, but this seems to be the trend that I've kind of seen over the past month or so of VIN assignments/deliveries on this thread. It seems like MYPs are getting delivered in that 60-75 day mark of the order date as well right now. Austin has really helped accelerate the orders on all MYs, but has freed up Fremont to really push out the MYPs - Probably speeding up MYP deliveries by about a month or so from where they were in Q2.

Reactions: Notch Peak
Did the trade in info yesterday, although not expecting a good offer from Tesla. This morning EDD slightly pushed again and narrowed to a 2 week window.
Ordered 8/6
1st EDD 9/06-10/11
2nd EDD 9/08-10/06
3rd EDD 9/12-9/26

MYP Black/White/No tow/No EAP

I no longer have a VIN and moved to a 13 day window of 9/13-9/26. I don't even know what to think at this point. I guess it was because I swapped FSD back to EAP? $6k was enough to give the VIN to someone else and my 157 days at this point doesn't matter as much.

Oh man, that's messed up.

I've been following your experience, since it's similar to mine. In the same boat as you, regarding how long we've been waiting (2/5). My OCD is still trying to identify a pattern, and have been thinking it's all been random, until I saw your post above. Now, I'm really starting to believe (and I guess I'm not surprised?), that Tesla prioritizes maximizing profit vs. at the expense making other customers wait longer.

My EDD has clearly been drinking

ordered 8/12
EDD #1 - Sep-Oct 2022
EDD #2 - 10/15 - 11/26
EDD #3 - 10/20 - 11/24
EDD #4 - Sep-Oct 2022
EDD #5 - 10/8 - 11/12
EDD #6 - Dec 2022
EDD #7 - 10/14 -11/18

Really zero point in them updating this unless the car is built with how random the dates are