Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent photos of my Model 3 with Maier Racing kit and BBS wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share a few photos I took last weekend after finally getting my wheels mounted 1 year and 4 months since I took delivery. It's kind of a unique look and not everyone might like it, but I'd like to share this and maybe someone can be inspired or get an idea of how they go about building their car. For those who likes it, thanks for accepting my unique taste.

BBS CI-R in Platinum finish
19x9.5+40 squared (want to be able to rotate tires)
255/35/19 Dunlop S1 (got them cheap to see if all fits nicely)
Currently, have 25mm Blox Racing spacers in the back and its damn perfect with no rubbing.

Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Trunk with Carbon Fiber back panel (replaces the OEM plastic one)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler (lip)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

model3 027.jpg
model3 030_cute.jpg
model3 040.jpg
model3 053.jpg
model3 073.jpg
model3 080.jpg
model3 085.jpg
model3 098.jpg
model3 117.jpg
model3 129.jpg

And for those who are interested in getting some Maier Racing carbon fiber aeros.
Get them at MaierEV.com and if you use my promo code "save7tesladiy" you can save 7% on your purchase.

For this particular style of wheels, they only make them in 19s and 20s. My car is a Non-P version.

I think i am fine with the wheel color, but if you look closely, they have a polish lip to it, i feel like polish lip only work on certain cars...like JDM cars in the 90s maybe...i am a MR2 guy for most of my life...

and thanks!

Love the new wheels!
Do they make those in 18's to fit the non-P version?

Personally I prefer the look of the wheels in your current pic so would not switch to black.
Nice photography BTW

For this particular style of wheels, they only make them in 19s and 20s. My car is a Non-P version.

I think i am fine with the wheel color, but if you look closely, they have a polish lip to it, i feel like polish lip only work on certain cars...like JDM cars in the 90s maybe...i am a MR2 guy for most of my life...

and thanks!
I’ve owned these wheels for another car before. They don’t have a polished lip. They are rim guards installed for you already. You can remove them.

• Informative
Reactions: 4agemr2
Seriously??? i did remove the white vinyl protection film, but the polish brim is there...." not really a polish lip since its like a ring of polish on the outer edge" i will be a big dummy if its removable haha, i will check tomorrow

I’ve owned these wheels for another car before. They don’t have a polished lip. They are rim guards installed for you already. You can remove them.

Thank you, front spoiler and sideskirts are mounted with 3M double sided tape and bolted on the bottom using factory mounting hole for what use to be taps.

Trunk is direct replacement of the OEM trunk with the inner plastic panel also replaced by a custom carbon fiber replica of the plastic panel for easy mounting.

Trunk rear spoiler is 3m double sided tape on.
That’s a nice car. Who mounted those body parts ?

Thank you!
i have 255/35/19 and at my low height and rather soft spring, it runs the fender liner a bit, i trimmed it and it doesn't rub at all, its super flush to rear fender, however suspension travel allow a natural negative camber which tucks the tires when suspension compress.

you can try www.willtheyfit.com to see if what size tires in 20" will be similar to my setup

Very nice, what width's can you get with the 20" version of this wheel?. Any rubbing with the 255's?. Thx

Reactions: Visionary