Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Supercharger openings in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, as of right now:

Southern California
2018:
Anaheim, Bakersfield, Beverly Hills, Brea, Calabasas, Cambria, Cerritos, Chula Vista, Commerce, Corona, Dana Point, Del Mar, El Cajon, Escondido, Hesperia, Highland, Hollywood, Indio, Irvine, Kramer Junction, Lakewood, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Mission Viejo, Mojave, Moreno Valley, Northridge, Ontario, Palmdale, Palm Desert, Pasadena, Playa Vista, Pomona, Redondo Beach, San Diego-La Jolla, San Dimas, Santa Barbara, Sherman Oaks, Simi Valley, Studio City, Tustin, Venice, Ventura, Vista, West Covina
Summer 2018:
Carlsbad, Fontana
Fall 2018:
Huntington Beach, Pacific Palisades, Palm Springs, Santa Monica, Westminster
2019:
Carmel Mountain, Chino Hills, Costa Mesa, Marina Del Rey, Montebello, Ojai, San Diego-Mission Valley, San Ysidro, Westwood

-Randy

There are less than 5 months left in 2018. I don't think Tesla is able to complete half of the stations on this list this year.

Maybe part of the delay is due to the fact that it has cost Tesla more money than they had anticipated to get the M3 production line running the way that they want it to. Tesla had to reallocate their budgeted capital expenditure funds for FY2018 from Superchargers to manufacturing. Perhaps there were other operational considerations as well.

But I do agree that to post this listing in May announcing all these vast new locations to be opened in 2018 was premature and ill-advised.

Tesla has maintained that Supercharging is really part of marketing. It gets people excited (like RandyS :))when they see that Sonora is getting a Supercharger. Maybe we need to consider that these plans and announcements are merely marketing hype--sometimes accurate, sometimes hyperbole, and sometimes wishful thinking.

Well, overall I can't really complain too much. Since getting the 2015 MS, they have been opening more SC. While none of them along routes I usually go but nevertheless help with the congestion. Like the Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, Downey, Riverside, etc.

But at the same time, will complain of the fact since getting the vehicle, they could at least open a Service Center for the Inland Empire. Someone in Corona or Ontario. Maybe that would come with a supercharger as well and a much better run and larger facility than Buena Park. That place is horrible in both aspects.

Well, overall I can't really complain too much. Since getting the 2015 MS, they have been opening more SC. While none of them along routes I usually go but nevertheless help with the congestion. Like the Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, Downey, Riverside, etc.

But at the same time, will complain of the fact since getting the vehicle, they could at least open a Service Center for the Inland Empire. Someone in Corona or Ontario. Maybe that would come with a supercharger as well and a much better run and larger facility than Buena Park. That place is horrible in both aspects.

I agreed, I live in the Inland Empire and would love for Tesla to open a SC here. Ontario would be a very good middle location to open.

Reactions: K3Man
There are 482 sites remaining on their 2018 list and in the last month they opened... 8.

Perhaps it's as Electrek said this morning:

"Another interesting thing to take into account is that since some of those stations are planned for later than this summer, some of the new stations could feature the Supercharger V3 for quicker charging since Musk said that Tesla is aiming to release the more powerful charging system “late this summer.”"

Maybe we are all waiting for the production of V3 chargers and there has been a delay that hasn't made the press or they hope will be resolved so they can continue on (mostly) the original schedule.

-Randy

Well, I think they were referring to Service Centers (SC) and not Superchargers (SpC), even though this thread is meant for Supercharger openings, per the title.

I really would like to see a Service Center out here as well as I kinda dread having to take my MX to Buena Park for services, or even farther away. :eek:

But, back on topic... There is a future Ontario Supercharger on the list so.... I wonder if it will be completed before the SpC in Fontana is. :rolleyes:

Isn’t Ranch Cucamonga really close to Ontario?

Yeah, well, same excuse was used when the 120kW chargers came out. The bottom line is that Tesla dramatically hasn’t been keeping pace with their own schedule for years.

Yeah it really pisses me off that I cannot drive to Alaska. Hmmm... actually I don't think there are any electric networks that go there. Hmm... Actually Tesla is WAY AHEAD of everyone else. Perhaps when ANYONE starts getting closer they'll speed up a bit.

-Randy