Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recirculation vs Outside Air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can hear the vents doing something when switching between modes but, with the AC off the temps from the vents were from the interior temp.

I'm talking like 80-90 degrees when it was 65 to 70 outside. Something seems off.

I tested the temp with a laser temp probe.

I'd rather not have to use AC all the time on cooler days but the only way to do it now is to open the windows.

Anything I can check or just mention it to the SC next week?

Thanks,

Can you rewrite that first sentence? I have no idea what you are saying.
Looks like I'm too late to edit it, but that's what I get for writing it just before sleeping last night, lol.

I can hear the vent actuators doing something when switching between (recirc & regular) modes... but, with the AC off, the temps from the vents were the same as the interior temp (in both modes).

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
You are looking to blow in outside air without using the HVAC?
Personally I would really like to do that. An Vauxhall Belmont I had decades ago had the facility to simply emit outside air that had not passed through the heating system. It was very close to the actual outside air temperature.

When I look at the energy stats I am concerned to see how many miles the HVAC has used.