Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation in Dallas for windows tint and paint protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am a new Tesla Model 3 owner. I was wondering if any of you can help me with recommending where in dallas I can get my model 3 windows tinted. Also I am considering doing some paint protection. Since I am new to this it would be helpful what is the inexpensive way I can protect my model 3 from rock chips and other dirt. If you have done some of these, please let me know the place and quote if you have any. Any kinda of input will be helpful for the newbie. Thanks.

Be ready to get hit with a bunch of choices! People are probably going to send a bunch of good recommendations or one reason or or another, but to really find the place best suited for you (since no 1 shop is the same in terms of products used, customer experience, or skill level), I recommend checking these places out physically. A shop good for someone may not be right for you.

With that being said, I suggest starting your search with Speed Shield in Dallas. Stop by, say hi and see what you think.

Speed Shield in Addison (Dallas) is probably the best, though they might be the most expensive. I had the entire front and roof of my S wrapped by DFW Clear Bra in Carrolton and they did a great job. Earmark Car Audio in Lewisville tinted the windows on my S and I'm very happy with the work.

My 3 was tinted and wrapped outside of the DFW area, so I can't make any DFW recommendations based on the 3.

Does anyone know what is best and why for 3m scotchgaurd, suntek ultra, Llumar or Xpel? I will be having my car taken in for paint correction today and will be considering one of these options when I get out. Trying to find a decent affordable option closer to Fort Worth if possible. Most stuff like that seems to be in Dallas. Considering Glacier in Arlington since it seems closest and has decent reviews.

I found this article below and it says all of them are good. The main drawback on 3M and Xpel is that it is not hydrophobic. It sounds like ceramic coating can take care of that though. 3m only has a 7 year warranty and the others are 10 years. Will be looking at what is most affordable based on reviews.
Best Paint Protection Film for Cars? XPEL vs 3M vs LLumar vs SunTek

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is best and why for 3m scotchgaurd, suntek ultra, Llumar or Xpel? I will be having my car taken in for paint correction today and will be considering one of these options when I get out. Trying to find a decent affordable option closer to Fort Worth if possible. Most stuff like that seems to be in Dallas. Considering Glacier in Arlington since it seems closest and has decent reviews.

I found this article below and it says all of them are good. The main drawback on 3M and Xpel is that it is not hydrophobic. It sounds like ceramic coating can take care of that though. 3m only has a 7 year warranty and the others are 10 years. Will be looking at what is most affordable based on reviews.
Best Paint Protection Film for Cars? XPEL vs 3M vs LLumar vs SunTek

To your point, the technology has advanced in urethane films. 3M Scotchgard Pro Series paint protection film comes with a 10 year warranty against yellowing, peeling,cracking and labor. We also offer an optional paint damage warranty(only one in the market) Through one of our authorized installers.The clarity of our film is one of the best in the market.

We can refer you to the closest 3M Authorized Installer.Let us know about any other needs.

Got my model 3DP
BE2C9352-16D3-4C71-AAAA-01AF3357E738.jpeg
tinted today, couldn’t be happier. Everyone knows how difficult it is to do the massive back glass that extends halfway up to the roof. Audio Depot in Arlington did it with ONE sheet. It looks amazing. Their attention to detail is beyond my expectations. If you own a Tesla, I highly recommend this place. The owners own Tesla too.

I just went to Glacier Window tinting and got every window covered in llumar ceramic for $562.50 out the door last weekend for my 3. It was $400 for back and doors, $150 for front and $75 roof. I went with 70% on front and roof, 30% on front doors and 15% on the back glass and doors. I have no complaints and it looks much better with tinted windows with black paint. The discount is from the Model 3 owners group forum. They can do the front darker with 15%, but it exceeds legal limits and they won't warranty it.

If you have a Model X or any Tesla for that matter, read this before committing to anyone tinting your windows in or around Dallas, TX:

Can You Tint a Tesla Model X Windshield with One Piece? | AP Tinting

WALK AWAY if:
- Any suggestion of "Mobile Service" we'll come to you business. It sounds good but "great" tint work needs a clean controlled shop. If your ok with noticeable particles under most all pieces of film, bubbles and adhesive issues, and average workmanship for top dollar price, then mobile service may be for you from a quality standpoint(see below first.) YOUR car deserves the best.
- Boast of 20 years in business and affiliated or "authorized" to sell a certain line of product. Talk is cheap, results are most important, and a good line of product can be ruined at the hands of incompetent or under skilled.
- Claims who does Most Tesla Models in Town on website but has No Tesla reviews to back it up. Claims does 40 a month or 2 a day without references, Divert.
- Claims Tesla plans to start tinting glass in the factory with the same product line his company is authorized to deal and the trained technician will be using. He is adequately trained isn't he?
- Tells you that the Model X front panoramic piece of glass cannot be done in one piece without horizontal seam
- Tells you that no one is doing one piece front panoramic piece of glass in town. No one
- Tries to convince you single piece "windshield" plus visor strip is the way to go. Setup alert: windshield is categorically below the AS1 mark Line, above its technically visor strip.. Line of bologna. entire front panoramic piece of glass done in one piece, no less.

Do:
- Avoid impulse decision based on a phone conversation hearing your tinting can be done tomorrow. He's busy right..does 2 Teslas a day, 40 per month and most shops want your car left all day?? Get everything written clearly in email.
- Request an "Insurance Acord" before letting anyone in business touch your property. It's relatively easy to read and you can verify insurance coverage and what is actually covered. Verify if coverage is for the actual physical brick and mortar shop location, or the service provider that travels with them, and covers employees working on behalf of the insured. If you can't tell, call the insurance company with contact info and policy number to verify. If John tinter is injured is he covered. If my car is damaged, is it covered and for what.

- Background Check, verifiable. Especially if you allow them to come on your property or touch Your Car.
- Word of mouth from a close individual you know personally is best. Check google ad reviews, yelp, etc. but keep in mind most dissatisfied consumers with genuine feedback don't bother and many reviews are unverifiable, new, or inactive.
- Request manufacture/type/model or class of film to be used in all positions of your car and run simulator if avail.
- Ensure written as "front panoramic piece of glass" on invoice before signing. Avoid signing anything that states differently
Finally if all above are satisfactory to you and the person you are "GRANTING A PRIVILEGE" to work on your car:
- Print a car walk around inspection sheet and complete it sign it together with merchant before Any work starts.