Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Roadster paint and audio work in the Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried searching for paint shops but couldn't find anything relevant...

I picked up a scrape down the side of my roadster (SF rush hour traffic...) and I'm looking for a recommendation for a paint shop that knows how to repair paint carbon fibre panels and work on the Roadster.

Tesla Palo Alto said Service King in Mountain View was recommended, but most of their work nowadays will be aluminum Model S. I've used Dell (dellauto.com) in Campbell to fix a Porsche before, they do exotic cars. I'm going to call around, and will report back here. Any experiences or recommendations?

I'm also finally giving up on the single DIN JVC head unit, want to fit a modern Alpine one, and would like to get someone who's worked on Roadsters before to put it in for me. I've done this kind of work myself enough times that I think its worth paying someone else vs. the lost skin and cursing that I would incur myself... id' welcomeny recommendations for audio shops that have worked on Roadsters.

Update on this, visited both Service King and Dell, and Service King probably do a good job on dings in Model S, they seemed to be more budget oriented, get the car in and out fairly quickly. I left some details with someone who took pictures, and didn't get a call back. Dell specialize in exotic cars, would take their time, make sure the paint matched exactly, remove panels and bake the paint on, let it cure a week before putting the clearbra film back on, and make the Roadster perfect again. They can't do structural repairs on the Roadster, but I just need paint. They have an inspection charge, keep the car for a day or two, then give a detailed quote. I've got time, used them before, so I'm going to take it to Dell.

ouch, sorry to hear about the scrape

paint/clear coat should be straightforward especially for a shop which has done carbon fiber before.
- as you probably know, some panels cannot be removed easily as they are bolted and adhesive bonded to the chassis
- if they are going to thermally cure the paint on the car, get an idea of the temp so to be sensitive to your battery. It shouldn't be that high of a temp, but it is good to know.

For the alpine single din: HD149BT has been a great (audio, BT, microphone sensitivity in stock location, screen brightness) unit since I installed it to replace the JVC.