Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good body shops in So SF bay area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is yours in just to get an estimate, or committed for the repair as well? I'm not sure how things work with the insurance companies (presumably in my case with the other party's insurer State Farm), whether you shop around for estimates first, and whether Tesla charges for giving an estimate...
Committed for the repairs but before they can actually begin the repair, they need to look at the damages and estimate the work. And that’s the part that took 9 days after I dropped off the car.

You can also try the Tesla San Jose body shop.

I don't have any input on the quality of the repairs since my car is not back yet. However, I'd like to warn you that even with an appointment setup 45 days in advance, my car has been sitting there for 9 days now and they haven't even looked at the damages to provide a repair estimate.
Got my car back yesterday with a front bumper replacement. I’m sorry to say but they did a terrible job. Scheduled another appointment for another replacement to make it right. Wondering if I should ask for any compensation/loaner for having to drop off my car again.

Got my car back yesterday with a front bumper replacement. I’m sorry to say but they did a terrible job. Scheduled another appointment for another replacement to make it right. Wondering if I should ask for any compensation/loaner for having to drop off my car again.
Perhaps you can elaborate on what "did a terrible job" means?

Due to a spate of recent bad luck I had Tesla repair both my S and my 3 at their Mabury Rd. facility. They did an excellent job. Not perfect though. I think the headlights on the 3 are a bit misaligned. The S was a minor rear end collision so the repair was fairly minor. On the 3, the whole front end was a mess and many parts were replaced.

Perhaps you can elaborate on what "did a terrible job" means?

Due to a spate of recent bad luck I had Tesla repair both my S and my 3 at their Mabury Rd. facility. They did an excellent job. Not perfect though. I think the headlights on the 3 are a bit misaligned. The S was a minor rear end collision so the repair was fairly minor. On the 3, the whole front end was a mess and many parts were replaced.

I recently used Arseen body shop in San Jose to replace my Model S liftgate and would highly recommend them. I had never heard of them before but a friend told me she had been in the shop just a couple weeks ago and had seen a large number of Teslas being worked on. Before going to Arseen, I had received two estimates from the big name body shops that I thought were quite high. Those other estimates turned out to be considerably higher than what Arseen charged for the same work.

I worked with a gentleman named Sarge at Arseen who really took care of me and provided outstanding service from start to finish. When I first got an estimate and gave the ok for them to begin work but before I dropped my car off, he let me know right away that the liftgate part was back ordered but he would let me know when it came in. He did just that and kept me updated during the job itself, which was done very efficiently and very professionally with no blemishes.

Arseen is apparently expanding its Tesla service. When I picked up my car, I was shown at least a couple dozen Teslas being worked on in the shop, including at least one by current Tesla employees.

Got in a fender bender today. Gonna need a bit of body work done. Has anyone had good experiences with any Tesla approved body shops in the south bay area? I live in Saratoga, work in Mt. View & Santa Clara. Anyone good in SJ, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, or Mt. View?

Based on the list on tesla.com it's Pan American, Service King, or Chilton...
Our car will be going in next month for some damage done to our MS by a careless driver who's insurance will pick up the cost. We were told the Mabury Road Body Shop does not have loaners. We will get a rental car paid for by their guy's insurance. Still a bit off so haven't made those arrangements yet but assume they'll deliver to the shop.

I love Anthony's in San Rafael. They're amazing and have certs in about every variety of super car including TESLA
San Rafael Body Shop | Anthony's Auto Craft