Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying to point one person one way or another but Doug has agreed to chat about Group pricing.

Im going to get group pricing on the following: Let me know if we need to add any more scope.
- PPF (what coverage? Minimum to maximum?)
- Ceramic Coating (Modesta)
- Ceramic Tinting(All windows except Front Windshield)
Thanks for doing this!
Couple of comments /suggestions:
Specify which PPF product (ie ultra tiers self heal)
Others can pipe up, but I would not consider less than full frontal and up to full vehicle
Popular add on PPF like luggage strip and lower rocker panels
Lastly, PPF for the center console (including satin option)

Thanks for doing this!
Couple of comments /suggestions:
Specify which PPF product (ie ultra tiers self heal)
Others can pipe up, but I would not consider less than full frontal and up to full vehicle
Popular add on PPF like luggage strip and lower rocker panels
Lastly, PPF for the center console (including satin option)
Absolutely agree. Full frontal and full body with wrapped edges are options I’m interested in.

Not trying to point one person one way or another but Doug has agreed to chat about Group pricing.

Im going to get group pricing on the following: Let me know if we need to add any more scope.

Are you interested in calling around to other detailers to see what deals we can wrangle as a group? If so I have some other locations in the socal area other users have recommended.

Are you interested in calling around to other detailers to see what deals we can wrangle as a group? If so I have some other locations in the socal area other users have recommended.

While I don't think more options is necessary a bad thing, I have 2 concerns here First not all shops are created equal Finding a cheaper shop would only be valuable if it's with an equal or higher quality shop. That makes finding other detailer quiet challenging IMO. Second, I'd rather get more customers interested in this group buy due to focus vs spreading the energy too wide and having it dissolve without critical mass. Just my $0.02

Thanks for doing this! I should have my M3 next week, definitely interested!
- I would look at full frontal coverage and full coverage on PPF. Film options
- Modesta ceramic for sure
- Ceramic Tint w/front windshield option and 1 piece rear. Film options.
- Chrome delete
- Center console film
- Interior leather protection (modesta)

Interested as well, as well as other things (dashcam install)

For DashCam in Los Angeles ONLY use Calibred Customs (Google it) Johnny and his team come to you, so very clean professional installs and support you after installation. They’ve done both our Teslas. Tell him his client in Brentwood with S and X sent you! Charged me $375 apiece paid in cash worth every cent.

For DashCam in Los Angeles ONLY use Calibred Customs (Google it) Johnny and his team come to you, so very clean professional installs and support you after installation. They’ve done both our Teslas. Tell him his client in Brentwood with S and X sent you! Charged me $375 apiece paid in cash worth every cent.
Yah, I will use them because I know they've done a bunch of 3's. I just don't really know what to do about power with the car off yet. I'll probably wait until people have had their installs for awhile to see how they are going.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Here are the numbers...Doug mentioned that he would like to get 20x prebooked but i told him that this is a luxury item and quite expensive but Ill try...

PPF:

Option 1: $1,300
Full Fronts include Front Fenders, Bumper, Hood, Lights, Mirrors

Add On
$350 Rocker Panels
$40 for Luggage Strip

Tint: Full Suntek CIR(Ceramic) $580
Includes: Windshield, All Side Windows and Rear Window

Modesta Coating: $1495
Includes Single Step Paint Correction

Instead of Modesta, there is a 1 year Sealer Option: $450
Not Scratch resistant but will protect your paint.

Contact info:
Doug @ Concours, 340 Van Ness Ave e, Torrance, CA 90501
424-488-2073
Concours Auto Spa - Torrance - Torrance, CA

Please mention Tesla Motor Club to get the discount, if we get 20x bookings, Doug mention that he will give an discount for further bookings and a rebate to the clients that have had their car protected at Concours.

Thank you for the leg work here. I'm excited about this opportunity, but I am conflicted about the seams that I believe Doug expects to produce...
PPF front bumper "seam"

Here are the numbers...Doug mentioned that he would like to get 20x prebooked but i told him that this is a luxury item and quite expensive but Ill try...

PPF:

Add On
$350 Rocker Panels
$40 for Luggage Strip

Contact info:
424-488-2073

Please mention Tesla Motor Club to get the discount, if we get 20x bookings, Doug mention that he will give an discount for further bookings and a rebate to the clients that have had their car protected at Concours.

Yah, I will use them because I know they've done a bunch of 3's. I just don't really know what to do about power with the car off yet. I'll probably wait until people have had their installs for awhile to see how they are going.
Thank you for the leg work here. I'm excited about this opportunity, but I am conflicted about the seams that I believe Doug expects to produce...
PPF front bumper "seam"
where is there mention of him being an installer that does this?

Last edited:
Any quote on chrome delete?

PPF:

Add On
$350 Rocker Panels
$40 for Luggage Strip

Contact info:
424-488-2073

PPF:

Add On
$350 Rocker Panels
$40 for Luggage Strip

Contact info:
424-488-2073

What kind of PPF are they installing?

where is there mention of him being an installer that does this?

@mobilesuit818, since you have been the POC for this, would you be able to verify this detail? There seems to be an inferior implication to installations with seams (sorry for the pun) according to the other thread. I'm not trying to be difficult, rather I just want to be clear about the service.

PPF:

Add On
$350 Rocker Panels
$40 for Luggage Strip

Contact info:
424-488-2073

Those actually sound pretty reasonable. Which Modesta coating and PPF will they be using?

I'm happy to see the interest on this "group buy"...maybe we can get to 20x? Hopefully we can get a few details nailed down. I think in summary here's the missing details:
  • Does PPF template produce seams? If so where?
  • Which PPF is being used?
  • Is any paint correction being done before PPF if no Modesta?
  • Which Modesta coating is being used?
  • Confirm website statement that all edges are wrapped
  • Adder prices: Chrome delete, matte/glossy PPF on center console

Reactions: atlas310