Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So full wrap is definitely not an option?[/QUOTEth

Full wrap is always an option for PPF and vinyl. Forgot the price.

Here are some pics taken from Concours, not my cars...

Attachments

• 7E837ED1-5C41-48ED-AB34-1B972F4C29CA.jpeg
    7E837ED1-5C41-48ED-AB34-1B972F4C29CA.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 86524528-2389-4199-87EF-4BB631C49BEC.jpeg
    86524528-2389-4199-87EF-4BB631C49BEC.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 105
So, the more a try to learn, the more confused I get :) I've at least figured out where the seem appears to be. Looking at the XPEL template above and listening to everyone it looks like it would be here (see red line below).....Now, the $1M question, is whether this is a big deal!? Is it likely that this seam will lift and get dirty over time? If an installer uses a template that creates this seem and if it starts to get dirty and lift over time, would they re-do it for you?
View attachment 296482

It really comes down to the installer at this point and how lines may bother you. Can it lift over time? Possibly as this is due to the quality of the installer. You will get dirt in the lines and seams over time especially one that is being joined by multiple seams.

Quick question: I’ve never had any windows tinted before. Has anyone had any issues with law enforcement after getting their windows tinted, or is the tint as hard to see as Concours told me?

This would vary from state to state or even county to county. With that said, the factory glass for Tesla is rated at approximately 75% VLT (visible light transmission). Here is a video showing what a gray Model 3 looks like Photosync 75 on the windshield and 45 on the sides / rear. We will be uploading more videos to show other shades of Photosync or Ceraluxe along with different Model 3 colors.

Confirmed that Concours only installs Suntek Ultra and that comes with a 10 year warranty.
Awesome news! You may want to mention to Doug, the next time you talk to him, that he needs to update his website to reflect this. His website currently mentions the non-ultra Suntek PPF. . Specifically, in the clear bra page it says "Using Suntek PPFC, or Xpel ultimate, we can offer the best front end, or whole car protection against road rash, scratches, rock chips, sand storms, bird etchings, sap deposits and more from ever damaging your car’s paint". Suntek PPFC is their non-ultra product with only the 5 year warranty.

Anyway, thank you for verifying that! ....I mean who wouldn't rather have the better 10 year warranty material, right??

He stated a substantial discount, around $300-$350 for the PPF and Modesta options, respectively which is huge alone.
It would be in our best interest to keep track of who has decided to use Doug as part of this group buy then! I am heavily leaning towards using Doug (that confirmation that it's Suntek Ultra helped immensely ;) . I'm thinking I will not do Modesta at this time. I might do a ceramic coat myself a little later. Getting the PPF is my first priority. I'd be really interested in knowing exactly what the 20+ discount becomes for the PPF-only customer because that just might finalize my decision!

It would be in our best interest to keep track of who has decided to use Doug as part of this group buy then! I am heavily leaning towards using Doug (that confirmation that it's Suntek Ultra helped immensely ;) . I'm thinking I will not do Modesta at this time. I might do a ceramic coat myself a little later. Getting the PPF is my first priority. I'd be really interested in knowing exactly what the 20+ discount becomes for the PPF-only customer because that just might finalize my decision!

I am picking up my car next week and taking it directly to Concours. PPF and Modesta at the very least.

Reactions: insaneoctane