Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a quote $599.00 Full front bumper, $899.00 Full front bumper Partial Hood Partial Fender Back of the mirror, $2299.00 Full front bumper Full Hood Full Fender Back of the mirror Headlights. This is at Mike's tint shop in Corona, CA. They also have a yelp $99 for $199 coupon that might get additional $100 off. Leaning towards just the bumper or partial. Price increase for full front is higher then I would like.

Reactions: atlas310
I got a quote $599.00 Full front bumper, $899.00 Full front bumper Partial Hood Partial Fender Back of the mirror, $2299.00 Full front bumper Full Hood Full Fender Back of the mirror Headlights. This is at Mike's tint shop in Corona, CA. They also have a yelp $99 for $199 coupon that might get additional $100 off. Leaning towards just the bumper or partial. Price increase for full front is higher then I would like.

What kind of clear bra do they use?

Concoursas full front with suntek ultra is $1300 with the group buy. Drive and save $1000. Partial leaves a line on your hood, do full frontal or jist bumper

Sorry for the repost, but no one even speculated on my question 3 pages back, so I'll ask it again just in case you missed it....
Anyone know why the rocker panels are so much? It seems like they are pretty straight forward without pockets, grills and curvature (unlike the grill and bumper), yet it's more than a 25% upper? Just seems odd....am I missing something? I mean the luggage strip is only $40.

Quoting directly from Doug...
It’s 8 feet long and uses the roll of material ineffectively, wastes material in other words..

Full bumper and full hood $925 Stickercity Sherman Oaks. IncI tax.
20180426_191315.jpg

I agree and let’s keep track. Process is as follows:

1. Make an appt with Concours, requires a 50% deposit. We only get credit towards the 20x if you mention TeslaMotorClub Member.

2. Post here so we can keep record.

i.e. made an appt for 10/10
Last 4 VIN, color of M3, scope of work (PPF, full or front etc, Modesta, Tint)

I’ll keep a running list.

Please also make sure you take a pic of the reciept so you guys can get your rebate back when we hit the 20x.
Appointment 4-27-18
Vin 2673
MSM
Full Front PPF, Tint and wax

Reactions: SoCalGuy
@mobilesuit818 or anyone.....
  1. What is the maintenance of Modesta? In my perfect world, after I drop almost $1.5K, I'm not super excited about maintenance costs. Ideally it's a apply it and forget it coating, but I think I remember there is a spray or something required to "re-load" it. How much is the maintenance if I do it vs have it done by Doug and how often is it required?
  2. Warranty with Modesa?
I wasn't thinking of doing Modesta due to cost, but I'm starting to think about it.....and all the "details" that go with it. Part of me thinks a no-maintenance coating might be smarter (cQuartz or Opti-coat maybe?)

@mobilesuit818 or anyone.....
  1. What is the maintenance of Modesta? In my perfect world, after I drop almost $1.5K, I'm not super excited about maintenance costs. Ideally it's a apply it and forget it coating, but I think I remember there is a spray or something required to "re-load" it. How much is the maintenance if I do it vs have it done by Doug and how often is it required?
  2. Warranty with Modesa?
I wasn't thinking of doing Modesta due to cost, but I'm starting to think about it.....and all the "details" that go with it. Part of me thinks a no-maintenance coating might be smarter (cQuartz or Opti-coat maybe?)

I don’t believe there is any no-maintenace coating. Many detailers recommended to put another layer after a period of time. Otherwise, your coat will wash away.

I don’t believe there is any no-maintenace coating. Many detailers recommended to put another layer after a period of time. Otherwise, your coat will wash away.

To ensure longevity and the beautiful glass finish, all ceramic coatings and not just Modesta require maintenance such as the following;

Weekly or bi-weekly wash with a dedicated car wash soap, using two buckets with grit guard inserts

or

Rinseless wash method using micro fiber towels and microfiber wash mitts and Optimum No Rinse(preferred method).

If you are not able to hand the wash the vehicle, I do highly recommend you take it to touchless car washes, with no rotating brushes that actually make contact with the vehicle.

This is very important as MOST COATING WARRANTIES can be voided if you go through brush car washes. Contact your detailer and ask him or her if your coating warranty covers brush car washes.

Regardless of warranty status, All brush car washes CAN AND WILL eventually put swirl marks and scratches into your vehicles clear coat, despite the existence of a ceramic coating. Again, while many ceramic coatings are scratch resistant, they are not scratch PROOF.

All of this being said, ceramic coated vehicles are extremely easy to clean and maintain compared to vehicles that are not coated. With a solid washing process, your vehicle will look better than ever after a simple wash.

Annual recoats; it is recommended that you get a repost depending on the condition of the coating.

For example my Petro Race car, even though it has a PPF and ceramic coating, I still get the annual recoat as I get rubber and road debris from hitting the different tracks, not to mention the off road excursions that frequently happen.

Reactions: atlas310 and r0xx0r
Official Modesta maintenance:
Every 3 month, apply M4, easy application when washing car, right after washing soap, applied wet. Spray M4 on micro towel and wipe each panel then rinse. Bottle cost $40 and will last 4 wash cycles.

Concours charges $75.

No annual recoats.

I was thinking of applying my own on my other car, but it’s very time consuming.

I’ve seen this coating in person on a Red M3 and I’m sold.

I did my own ceramic coating, and it came out great.
Now that I've practiced polishing out swirls and scratcheds on my leaf, next year when I redo
the coating, I'll do a full polishing using my DA polisher, Chemical guys VSS and an Orange pad.

Doing Cermaic coating yourself isn't hard.
Totally worth saving the money and doing yourself.
I used the money I saved and not the hood and bumper covered with Xpel.
20180426_191315(1).jpg

2299. is outrageous ... PM me if you haven't already done.

I did my own ceramic coating, and it came out great.
Now that I've practiced polishing out swirls and scratcheds on my leaf, next year when I redo
the coating, I'll do a full polishing using my DA polisher, Chemical guys VSS and an Orange pad.

Doing Cermaic coating yourself isn't hard.
Totally worth saving the money and doing yourself.
I used the money I saved and not the hood and bumper covered with Xpel.View attachment 297332
Hey what ceramic did you use and did you use a cure product after? Did you polish prior and then strip? Also I was told you should not drive for 24 hrs after application? I have used chemical guys stuff before and they have great products.

Hey what ceramic did you use and did you use a cure product after? Did you polish prior and then strip? Also I was told you should not drive for 24 hrs after application? I have used chemical guys stuff before and they have great products.

I used Feynlab Ceramic. Their most expensive consumer level.
I didn't polish, as I was worried I'd mess up the paint, and I had never done anything like that before.
However I learned from polishing my Leaf afterwards , it's nothing to be scared of.

I rinsed and washed the car, then used a blue Nanoskin and Feynlab prime to claybar the car.
Rinsed it.
Wiped the car down with Feynlab panel prep, and Applied the Ceramic.

Reactions: bnsfengineer