Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Booked my appointment with Doug

Appointment 5-14-2018
VIN # XXXX
Midnight Silver Metallic
Full Front PPF, luggage strip add-on, Modesta

I'm excited and freaked out (that's actually a lot of money to me). Once we hit 20 I'll definitely breathe a sigh of relief ;)

By the way, do you guys think we have the details nailed down well enough to start a brand new thread with the key info in the first message? Because now I"m SUPER motivated to sell this great deal to secure my deeper discount..... I'm thinking of printing the website that @drewbaumann created onto a card to slip under the wipers of the new M3's I'm starting to see around.....

• Informative
Reactions: Tyres4M3
@drewbaumann what do you think about keeping the webpage updated with the current status or count to show our progress towards the discount? Heck if it is easy enough show a progress bar?

@atlas310, maybe the cards are too far... But, if I wasn't on TMC I would be very happy to be informed about this group buy. Plus it might add more Southern California Tesla drivers to the forum.
Sure. Let me look into that.

Fingers crossed the group buy is still in effect when Tesla eventually gets around to giving me a Vin and delivers the car. Two weeks and counting from configure date, and I’m not optimistic since the Canadian deliveries might indicate Tesla is trying to keep under 200k US deliveries for Q2.

Fingers crossed the group buy is still in effect when Tesla eventually gets around to giving me a Vin and delivers the car. Two weeks and counting from configure date, and I’m not optimistic since the Canadian deliveries might indicate Tesla is trying to keep under 200k US deliveries for Q2.
Hang in there...the pace is definitely picking up. Once you get a VIN (certainly when ISA contacts you) call and get booked. I'm already going to be driving over a week unprotected because I did not book my appointment as early as I should have....

I guess the first question is where are we putting it? I was thinking of the webpage vs the form? What would you need to imbed into the webpage?
Basically I need to extract the data from the form to get a count of what services people are buying. Something like this:

upload_2018-5-4_0-4-22.png

And then I just need to embed it on the site.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-4_0-3-34.png
    upload_2018-5-4_0-3-34.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 61
As of this AM, Doug stated 3x booked so far.

I’ll cross reference the list, create a new post and play around with the google sheet..
That's what I have seen in this thread. So far @LadeeLotus, @Tyres4M3 and myself have booked. Lots of interest that we want to convert into bookings! Once you start the new thread, we can cross post a link to it in the MS/MX areas and let them know about it too since they are included. We are already 15% there and we are just getting started. Tell Doug we're building the interest but Tesla delivery is making it drag more than any other factor (IMO). We will get there!

On the new thread, the most important part is not just listing the details, but pointing to the webpage for more and updated details because we can't update the first post here on TMC, but we CAN update the website so make sure that message says something like "be sure to visit the webpage for the latest information"

I'm interested in the group Modesta buy, but I'm curious how Modesta stacks up against other ceramic coatings? I'm confused about what's the overall consensus on the "best" ceramic coating.
Modesta is a glass coating. From what I've found, it's one of the more recommended brands. I think the glass coating gives the car a deeper, wetter look. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm hardly an expert.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tyres4M3