Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recruiting one Model 3 owner for testing the HDMI interface Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have made a HDMI Interface Box and tested good in many field tests on Model S , Model X.

Now we are recruiting one Model 3 owner to install and perform a few testing, the installation doesn’t need to cut any wire and can be totally reversible to the original setting. The HDMI interface box is totally hardware and does not change any program setting to the APE, MCU.

The volunteer will get a free HDMI Interface Box

The volunteer tester should know the wiring diagram / schematic between the rearview camera and the APE.

The testing involves :
- install the HDMI Interface Box
- verifying the rearview camera and HDMI channel are displayed on the screen

Interested party pls send pm and discuss further

More info of the HDMI interface box can be found in the following link

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

We have made a HDMI Interface Box and tested good in many field tests on Model S , Model X.

Now we are recruiting one Model 3 owner to install and perform a few testing, the installation doesn’t need to cut any wire and can be totally reversible to the original setting. The HDMI interface box is totally hardware and does not change any program setting to the APE, MCU.

The volunteer tester should know the wiring diagram / schematic between the rearview camera and the APE.

The testing involves :

@BearBu
What happened to this project? I’m very interested in getting one for my Model 3.

The testing involves :

@BearBu Do you have already any update?

The real question is are you going to be able to do an overlay of CarPlay and Android Auto and have the touchscreen work? That would sell like hotcakes.

I was thinking the exact same. I recently came across a bunch of aftermarket CarPlay/AndroidAuto for other cars I didn't know existed and was wondering if it's possible somehow with Teslas.