TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red brake calipers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Dakkor, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

They are now available on the shop, is that a new thing? I knew that we could buy the spoiler but now the caliper are available

• Like x 1
  2. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Nice! $2.3k? hmmm. I'm about to (re)place my next Model S order, wish these were part of the factory options for non-Perf models.

• Disagree x 1
  3. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

That's got to have the decimal off a place, right? Holy crap! The EVANNEX red covers are $230! I saw a can of red, high-temp epoxy paint for calipers this weekend at DAP for $7.50! Are you kidding? $2,300?!!!

4. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

I work at a car parts supplier and we have rebuilt caliper that can go up to 400$ each in rebuilt version so I can imagine brand new tesla caliper going for around 2K a set.... plus installation that would bring you 2.3k I guess.

5. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

It appears that these are not covers, but actual caliper replacements and pads, plus installation.

6. tstafford

tstafford Member

Makes the $5K for the ludicrous upgrade seem only insane not ludicrous.

7. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Anyone have any recommendations for red covers? Any brand in particular?

8. aus

aus Member

Please don't put red covers on. It's a premium car and it's a total ricer move to put caliper covers on.
    Spend the money and them them properly powder coated. In LA, it's $1,000 to $600 but you're car is out of commission for a few days.

9. montgb

montgb Member

I just ordered the red calipers from the Tesla store - I needed new pads anyways.

And I agree about avoiding the caliper covers. It is the best way to cheapen the look of a premium vehicle.

10. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

I have a full set for sale here: 2014 Model S Brake Calipers (Red)

Much less than Tesla, and these have actually been powder coated and has 3 layers of clear coat on them.

11. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

How much better are them or is it just red

12. rolling18

rolling18 Member

[QUOTE="montgb, post: 2234478, member: 62462 I agree about avoiding the caliper covers. It is the best way to cheapen the look of a premium vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!! Right up there with obviously plastic Chrome!

13. montgb

montgb Member

Man, I ordered the upgraded red calipers from Tesla over three weeks ago, and not a peep (other than order confirmation email). I called the local service center to check, but they don't track it. Maybe I should've painted them!

Anyone else order the red calipers from Tesla and can comment on turnaround times?

14. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

That's an incredibly reasonable price

I got all 4 of my calipers painted for $300

Lol