TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Red brake calipers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Dakkor, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

They are now available on the shop, is that a new thing? I knew that we could buy the spoiler but now the caliper are available

• Like x 1
  2. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Nice! $2.3k? hmmm. I'm about to (re)place my next Model S order, wish these were part of the factory options for non-Perf models.

3. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

That's got to have the decimal off a place, right? Holy crap! The EVANNEX red covers are $230! I saw a can of red, high-temp epoxy paint for calipers this weekend at DAP for $7.50! Are you kidding? $2,300?!!!

4. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

I work at a car parts supplier and we have rebuilt caliper that can go up to 400$ each in rebuilt version so I can imagine brand new tesla caliper going for around 2K a set.... plus installation that would bring you 2.3k I guess.

5. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

It appears that these are not covers, but actual caliper replacements and pads, plus installation.

6. tstafford

tstafford Member

Makes the $5K for the ludicrous upgrade seem only insane not ludicrous.