Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Warning Light Stays On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same exact issue (brake light + washer fluid warnings). I noticed that once in a while I hear a metal clicking sound when I open my door and that's usually the precursor of the warning lights. It's audible in an indoor garage, not when I'm outdoor (due to noise pollution). I wonder if anyone else is noticing the same noise that precedes those warning lights.

I have the same exact issue (brake light + washer fluid warnings). I noticed that once in a while I hear a metal clicking sound when I open my door and that's usually the precursor of the warning lights. It's audible in an indoor garage, not when I'm outdoor (due to noise pollution). I wonder if anyone else is noticing the same noise that precedes those warning lights.

That sound us likely the battery pack main contactors activating to power the vehicle systems. If it is a SW filter initalization issue, then a short time period from power up to operation could exacerbate the issue.

@40milecommuter yah, it might avoid the warning that power cycle (similar to the other wait to drive techniques) but may not address the core issue, unless the SW filter parameters require a full reset to be updated. Further reports will show which situation is happening...

+1 on having this issue: it is intermittent, happens with either the brake or the windshield wiper fluid warning light, not both at one time. And it happens every 7th or so time I start the car. I am going to try the reset suggestion tonight and see if it makes a difference

The lights came back on this morning. Called service center and this is what they told me to do as the issue is car giving me false alarm.

From your car control icon, go to "Safety & Security", "Vehicle Power," "Power Off", confirm, then sit in your car for 2-3 minutes (I did 3 minutes) without touching anything (don't step on brake, no touching screen, etc.). This will power down the vehicle like powering down a computer. Then after 2-3 minutes, step on the brake and hold for 15 seconds to re-start the system.

After I did this, the brake fluid light and windshield fluid low lights did not stay on like before. I'll report back if this happens again. In the meantime, please try this method and see if it works with your car.

So this worked all day yesterday and this morning, until I used Summon to back my car out of a tight space a little bit just now, then the lights came on when I got in the car trying to drive it away. I did another power down/up sequence and will see if it they come back again. I'm calling SC back reporting on this.

Add me to the list.
I only see the brake warning.
Delivery 7/18/2018
Firmware 2018.24.7
I don't see windshield washer error and I don't know where it is located on screen.(could of missed it). Manual doesn't show pic of WW warning.

Add me to the list. Washer fluid warning accompanied by the break warning that disappears shortly after driving. Might try the reboot mentioned earlier. I don't really use the winning feature as my father isn't a straight pull in and pull out. While these things are a little annoying it's nice to know it can most likely be fixed via ota update. Great community here and glad to know I'm not alone.
IMG_20180720_133915.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_133921.jpg
    IMG_20180720_133921.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20180718_182300.jpg
    IMG_20180718_182300.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 43
Add me to the list. Washer fluid warning accompanied by the break warning that disappears shortly after driving. Might try the reboot mentioned earlier. I don't really use the winning feature as my father isn't a straight pull in and pull out. While these things are a little annoying it's nice to know it can most likely be fixed via ota update. Great community here and glad to know I'm not alone. View attachment 319343
*Summon feature Not winning. * Garage not father. Lol. Typing on a phone.

Just saw the brake icon light up tonight for about a minute while I was pulling out of a store parking lot. Pulled over and toggled into and out of park. Seemed to fix it for now.

Got mine back from SF SC two days ago. Upgraded the firmware to 26.1 and that seems to have fixed the Brake! and washer fluid issue. Used to get one of them each day, post upgrade no warnings....