TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red Brake Warning Light Stays On

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Toddl3, Jul 3, 2018.

1. 40milecommuter

let us know. I don't see how this can "fix" the issue..maybe mask it....

2. PeTina

PeTina New Member

I have the same exact issue (brake light + washer fluid warnings). I noticed that once in a while I hear a metal clicking sound when I open my door and that's usually the precursor of the warning lights. It's audible in an indoor garage, not when I'm outdoor (due to noise pollution). I wonder if anyone else is noticing the same noise that precedes those warning lights.

3. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

That sound us likely the battery pack main contactors activating to power the vehicle systems. If it is a SW filter initalization issue, then a short time period from power up to operation could exacerbate the issue.

@40milecommuter yah, it might avoid the warning that power cycle (similar to the other wait to drive techniques) but may not address the core issue, unless the SW filter parameters require a full reset to be updated. Further reports will show which situation is happening...

4. psyrob

psyrob Member

+1 on having this issue: it is intermittent, happens with either the brake or the windshield wiper fluid warning light, not both at one time. And it happens every 7th or so time I start the car. I am going to try the reset suggestion tonight and see if it makes a difference

5. chipsajoy

chipsajoy Member

So this worked all day yesterday and this morning, until I used Summon to back my car out of a tight space a little bit just now, then the lights came on when I got in the car trying to drive it away. I did another power down/up sequence and will see if it they come back again. I'm calling SC back reporting on this.

6. chipsajoy

chipsajoy Member

It looks like Summon will cause the lights to come on. I rebooted the system and everything was fine, but after I used Summon then lights would come on.

• Informative x 1
  7. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Thank for the data point!
    I think that supports the "short time from car on to moving" software filter initialization hypothesis...

8. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

Seeing same wiper fluid and brake warnings occurring for the first few seconds/minute of using the car but it does go away.

9. opiuman

opiuman Member

Car in service today, claim FW will fix it. They also flagged my car for a bootloader fix.

10. Quickstart88

Quickstart88 Member

Great - so a firmware will fix this. No concerns.... Thanks!

11. opiuman

opiuman Member

No luck, still seeing it. I didn't even bother to tell them it was unresolved yet.

12. Rsdavis9

Rsdavis9 Member

Add me to the list.
    I only see the brake warning.
    Delivery 7/18/2018
    Firmware 2018.24.7
    I don't see windshield washer error and I don't know where it is located on screen.(could of missed it). Manual doesn't show pic of WW warning.

13. opiuman

opiuman Member

you have to press the red exclamation in the top right, I didn't realize this expanded into a list of additional issues for awhile.

14. up2geek

up2geek Member

Add me to the list. Washer fluid warning accompanied by the break warning that disappears shortly after driving. Might try the reboot mentioned earlier. I don't really use the winning feature as my father isn't a straight pull in and pull out. While these things are a little annoying it's nice to know it can most likely be fixed via ota update. Great community here and glad to know I'm not alone. IMG_20180720_133915.jpg

Attached Files:

15. up2geek

up2geek Member

*Summon feature Not winning. * Garage not father. Lol. Typing on a phone.

16. RayK

RayK Active Member

Just saw the brake icon light up tonight for about a minute while I was pulling out of a store parking lot. Pulled over and toggled into and out of park. Seemed to fix it for now.

17. CAM#3

CAM#3 Member

Got mine back from SF SC two days ago. Upgraded the firmware to 26.1 and that seems to have fixed the Brake! and washer fluid issue. Used to get one of them each day, post upgrade no warnings....

• Informative x 2
  18. Kirby64

Kirby64 Member

Looks like 26.1 fixed it. No more issues with brake/washer fluid after 26.1 update for me either.

• Like x 2
  19. 40milecommuter

Confirmed. 26.1 fixed it. Thanks Tesla

• Like x 1
  20. chipsajoy

chipsajoy Member

I got updated to 26.3 yesterday morning and the lights haven't stayed on since. Hopefully that fixed the issue.