Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Hook Brooklyn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what or where this confirmation came from but AFAIK there is no such thing as a mobile supercharger. and most service centers do not have a SpC on site. perhaps you're confusing an HPWC with a SpC, and I haven't a clue as to what they use as a mobile charger.

I've read a couple times about mobile or temporary Superchargers - they have both pedestals and the charger attached on a structure, so it can be moved from place to place (but presumably not functional until hooked to wiring in a given place.) The car that burned in Norway last year was plugged in to one of those.

In this case, however, I think you're reading too much into the comment. They said it was for roadside assistance use - which I'm thinking means if a Tesla runs out of juice somewhere nearby, it gets trucked there and fed enough to get back on to the network.

and most service centers do not have a SpC on site
Where are you getting that info from? I think it's the exact opposite - that most service center DO have a SpC on site, but it's not for public use.

I know that Tyco Road in VA does have one (I've been told, and I've seen them charge my car on it from the Tesla app), but the SpC is for the service center only and/or for emergencies.