Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y with Black or White Interior? Opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove both interiors and ended up going with the black. I've had white seats in a car before and they were high maintenance, but I'd have put up with it if I liked it enough. The deal breaker for me was the dash trim that comes with the white interior. I know you can wrap it, but I simply hated it.

Went with the black and I don't regret it. I do like the wood trim.

I like white however I had an ivory interior on a previous car, never again. I compare it to wearing white dress shirt for everything you do. You end up constantly being careful which becomes a pita until after some time you finally say screw it, let it get dirty. Then you choose a black interior next time around. 😉

I've owned a red/white M3P since November 2018 and I love the white interior. It's easy to keep the white seats clean. I don't have kids or dogs in the car, so that probably helps a bit. I am picking up a MYP on Sunday, also red with white seats. :) Previously I had a Model S with the gray interior (remember that?) and blue dye from jeans DID work its way into those seats and I could not easily get those clean. So I'm impressed with the white material Tesla uses for these seats. Just had the Model 3 detailed today and the white seats look brand new.

I have a Red/LR/Non-Performance MY with 19” Gemini wheels and Black Interior on order. What’s everyone’s opinions on the white interior with the Red exterior or any color exterior? I think the white looks sharp but I also think black and red look pretty sharp too and seems like it would be easier to maintain or at least hide any issues more easily. I know the white is supposed to be very easy to clean and no staining but I just wanted to see what you all thought and maybe change my order to the white interior. I know it’s very subjective but would like to hear from you about what color and why.
We had originally ordered the white interior with the red exterior color. When we saw the white dash trim though we changed our minds and went with black. Glad we did. Of course it's all a matter of personal taste.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung