Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red not the best color for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Vern Padgett Hello Vern, here's an album of the colors that were at a local Service Center. These are quick shots from my iPhone. Didn't have my DSLR camera with me. I must say I was drawn to the red. Midnight Sliver Metallic was my second choice. My reaction was simply based on the very first impression, my first time seeing the Model 3 in these colors in one place.

The Peal White Multicoat I liked it from a distance but not up-close, if it were flat white, I would have liked it more. The silver metallic is also sharp.

Just an observation that driving around you see a lot of black, white, and gray colors on all the cars, therefore blue tends to stand out.

Cheers

Exact opposite for me, red only looks good on the 3... and damn it looks good!
MwQQYAKfR06LJeqj3Kh0Yw.jpg

I've seen the blue, black, white, midnight silver, and bright silver Model 3s in person. The black is boring but classy (so. much. chrome. though.). The bright silver is a snooze-fest. Midnight silver is definitely nice. The blue is too dark for my taste, but maybe if you live in a very sunny climate it would show better. The white was the surprise for me. It looks fantastic on the Model 3.

After all that, I ordered the red. Can't wait!

Red was my top choice but its my wife's car and she loved the Pearl White. Having it for a couple weeks now, the Pearl White has stole my heart with the dark tint and how well the brushed chrome blends. Beautiful.

C9A211D0-5FE7-4904-BE55-4C2E22CEDEEB.jpeg
C22A76A1-9A97-477A-8BFA-8969FE9F3120.jpeg
Fresh after a bath. Change your mind again?
I've been between red and white for my Model 3. Back and forth many times. White was my first color choice but then I saw a number of red Model 3s and would change my mind. I think Tesla's multi-coat red is very sharp. Not a red-orangey color. It makes the car look fun and sporty. About a month ago I would have picked red without hesitation. Then I saw one at night in a parking lot under some parking lot lights. Wasn't such a big fan of it at that point. To me it get dull looking on cloudy days or in the evening. In the sunlight, Wow just makes me fall in love with it again. BTW some people are color blind and red can be a hard color for them. My friend is like that. He bought a pair of those spectral glasses and was blown away by seeing things in a totally different way. Red seems to be a hot color choice in cars these days. Maybe because it's a color I'm considering I'm noticing a lot of red cars of various shades on the road.

White is white. Always looks the same. See a lot of white cars here in California too. Easy to see at night (unless you live in snow which we don't). I'm sure it shows dirt sooner than any of the other colors. We live in a hot summer area so I was thinking white might be nice this go round. I also wanted something to look nice with our MS that's midnight silver. Love that color on our MS but didn't want twins. I think the white will look nicer with the gray than the red, at least in the evening. We have a brownish house. Yeah, considered that too with both of them outside in the driveway. Also I'm not a fan of white interior seats so will be getting that in black and I like the oreo coloring better than red and black which I know is popular with a lot of people too. So it's going to be pearl white...at least this week. :p Color definitely influences people and a lot of money and research goes into packing and chosing the right color. At least with the Tesla, you know what's under the paint is great!
In AZ it’s sunny 93% of the days. So get red and move to AZ :p

Took delivery of my multi-coat red 3 on Saturday. It looks far better than I'd even hoped for. So very, very gorgeous in the Georgia sun!
IMG_2357.jpg

If I had to choose one of the other colors, it'd be white. I was passed by a white 3 a few weeks back that honestly made me go "Wow - that looked really nice!"

• Love
Reactions: MikeBur and S3XY
That's Franz's Von Holzhausen Model 3, so I don't know for sure but I THINK it is the multi coat red you get from Tesla. I also don't have details on the chrome delete or the wheels, it seems these are the 20" wheels from Tesla just in other colour, maybe powder coated,so it's possible that Tesla will offer these wheels later.
I just saw the pictures and love it, so the red colour is not that bad at all

Red is definitely the best color on the Model 3, and I'm not just saying that because it's what I have. I don't really like the red on the Model S, so I was hoping I wouldn't regret my decision, but it's stunning. The only complaint is that I think red+chrome looks bad, so mine is currently getting chrome delete done.

Reactions: ICON
I respectfully disagree. While I love my red M3, a white M3 passed me going the other direction a few weeks back and my reaction was "Wow that looks good" - not "OMG a 3!"

Okay - "OMG a 3!" followed closely behind "Wow that looks good", but still... :D
When You You pulled up in his white Model 3 during the road trip I was amazed at how much I liked it, and white's not my favorite car color at all.