Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the best colour for Tesla Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any color that doesn’t show dirt. White and silver may be a little boring, but it looks clean even when it isn’t. Wish Tesla offered the matte colors, they look good and don’t show dirt.

I had a dark blue car years ago. It looked dirty the day after a wash.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm buying a new model 3 and can't quite decide the best colour to go for so would be great to get everyone thoughts taking price out of the equation.

I'm kind of thinking red but also looking at black or white
Let’s preface with, we are in the north east usa where we only see the four Tesla colors, on all manuf vehicles and it’s very rare to see yellow and green vehicles. Therefore, there’s also a preference here for white, black and grey vehicles.

Our process for two Ts:

Know white takes stains over time, just look at any older while vehicle, so white was out.
For us red and blue are too trendy
Our favorites were USA grey and black

At the delivery center, weeks before ordering, we found two of the same models, grey and black side by side and we sat in front of them looking, thinking and deciding.

Grey just did not pop for us
Black looks amazing and that was it

Funny, our whole lives our vehicles have been grey and black

it looks clean even when it isn’t
I was surprised how it really can be "isn't clean but looks ok")) Had to put cleaning foam twice! Currently testing Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating to prevent such in the future.

I'm kind of thinking red but also looking at black or white
I didn't want black, because every piece of dirt is perfectly visible. And overall black is grim. Red or white, or any kind of a bright color (but Tesla doesn't offer any other).
Try them all and choose what you like most, what makes you turn around to look at it one more time

Reactions: pilotSteve
Btw, with good quality ceramic installed, the dirt rolls off during rain and no spots after
It’s amazing
This is how black looks great
1690123592955.png