Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redesign/4680 "Holdout Buyers" Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new to the forum here.

ordered the MYLR in white/black/induction/5 seater/tow with the EDD in June 22' on 11/10.

I filled out the registration and stuff last night and now the EDD is end of March/April.

I'm hoping the new batteries are in production by then......
Same thing happened to me. From June to February- March in a couple of days.

My order got moved up from June 22 to February- March 2022. I’m hoping for the new batteries too.
Most likely Texas Model Y production in February will be about 1000/ week while we’re getting about 5000 a week or more from Fremont. There will likely be one specific model they produce exclusively. Someone floated the idea that it would be the Model Y Performance which makes sense since dropping a bunch of weight would make it easier for them to get those faster speeds.

Reactions: Jones1
Most likely Texas Model Y production in February will be about 1000/ week while we’re getting about 5000 a week or more from Fremont. There will likely be one specific model they produce exclusively. Someone floated the idea that it would be the Model Y Performance which makes sense since dropping a bunch of weight would make it easier for them to get those faster speeds.
Thanks

I'm not sure why people are so eager to get a car produced at a new plant on its first run... thats usually when they find mistakes.

Its like getting a first year of any new car design (I'm guilty of doing it, btw). The last year of a design is usually (not always) the most reliable.

Reactions: pepperoni
I'm not sure why people are so eager to get a car produced at a new plant on its first run... thats usually when they find mistakes.

Its like getting a first year of any new car design (I'm guilty of doing it, btw). The last year of a design is usually (not always) the most reliable.
It’s a bit of a push, you do run a higher risk of defects, but you get the benefits of the new model.

Fortunately, I have one already so patience is easy. By the time they have the new colors available I want and orderable online, it should be well past that initial error prone first trucks.

It’s a bit of a push, you do run a higher risk of defects, but you get the benefits of the new model.

Fortunately, I have one already so patience is easy. By the time they have the new colors available I want and orderable online, it should be well past that initial error prone first trucks.
I've had 1st year models of quite a few cars, My 2004 CTS-V suffered from poor differential cooling, my 2010 Prius supposedly had oil issues (they never materialized for me), I'm just saying whenever you try something for the first time, no matter what/where it is, you learn something and fix issues. This isnt a "Tesla" thing, this is a reality thing.