Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redmond Seattle area electrician recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prices can vary a lot depending on how far the plug is from the panel, and how much panel work needs to be done. And how busy the electricians are...

I think I paid Alive Electric $650 to install a wall charger, which is slightly more involved than an outlet. They were easy to deal with and I was pleased with the work.

Reactions: Seattle ClearBra
I am in the same situation as you Yoshi10. I just had a quote this morning (we live in Redmond), and the whole things, with permits ends up at $980 for the NEMA 14-50.

Not a lot of work, not a great distance at all from the panel, both our setups seem very comparable, but this is what I get as their proposal...!

I am in the same situation as you Yoshi10. I just had a quote this morning (we live in Redmond), and the whole things, with permits ends up at $980 for the NEMA 14-50.

Not a lot of work, not a great distance at all from the panel, both our setups seem very comparable, but this is what I get as their proposal...!

I am also in Redmond, ask them for a 2 for 1 deal and see he brings it under 600!

Reactions: jbd98052
If you are a diy person and dont mind working with electricity and know what you are doing (youtube helps) then it can be done relatively cheaply but dont skimp on materials. Buy the correct gauge and connectors, breakers etc.

If you want a professional to do it then you will pay a premium, but using a professional does not mean they will pull permits. I have the knowledge and experience to do it myself but I chose to have beacon plumbing and electrical do my install since they were replacing my whole panel anyways. They did an amazing job and I have zero complaints with the installation or the installers.

Biggest piece of advice is if you dont know what you are doing dont attempt it and hire it out. Messing with a panel can be dangerous and can kill you.

Reactions: N8DGR8
I just found out that I have a friend who's an electrician. I talked to him about doing some outlet/HPWC installs and he is open to doing it as side work to his regular job. I'm happy to send along his info via a private message if anyone wants it. Let me know!
Is the electrician still available. I prefer DIY but an not sure what is needed to file the permit.

Code for NEMA 14-15 outlets changed recently requiring GFCI. That raised the price of the breaker from $30 to $130. Wire is probably a little under $100. The permit is probably around $100. The outlet is probably close to $20-30. $600 for the whole project installed sounds reasonable. $900 and you are paying about $250 per hour of labor. If your panel is full or too small add another $2k.

Prices here are insane for installing a NEMA 14-50 plug. Most are around 900-1200 for installation including inspection. In the east coast it’s 350-500. Any recommendations folks?
Prices are insane in our area. Get several bids, try to find a smaller company. If you get one that says "we need to come onsite to get you a bid, keep looking. There is no reason why they can't give you a general bid off of photos or a video call. Most of the bids in this situation (wanting to come out to write up something) are double than the others. Save yourself the time and skip them.

The work is fairly simple and the materials don't cost much. Permitting is around $100-150. Of course, if you are running the connection far from the panel and your project requires moving around breakers, it will cost since the cable is around $10 a foot.

In my situation, I have a new home with a 200 AMP service, placing the wall charger within 5 feet. I have had bids come in for $795 - $1500. Most of the electricians I spoke to see it as a quick money grab for little work. I spoke to one owner of one company and ask why they come up with their pricing they way they do and was told they want to bid most jobs out as if its a one day amount of work. If they roll a truck out, its hard to have that person go to multiple jobs in a day.

Hope this helps.

We'll be looking to install one in our Shop, in Redmond, so will have to reach out for some current pricing here.
After several bids we use:

Custom Electrical Services, LLC
3802 Auburn Way N | Suite 307 | Auburn, WA 98002
Office: 425.282.4971
Direct: Extension 2932

They came out installed a Wall Charger for us and scheduled the inspection. All in was $724. There was no tax applied on the invoice. Not sure they come up to Redmond but might be worth a call.

After several bids we use:

Custom Electrical Services, LLC
3802 Auburn Way N | Suite 307 | Auburn, WA 98002
Office: 425.282.4971
Direct: Extension 2932

They came out installed a Wall Charger for us and scheduled the inspection. All in was $724. There was no tax applied on the invoice. Not sure they come up to Redmond but might be worth a call.
Thank you very much for the referral. When the timing gets closer, we will certainly reach out to them.