Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Amperage Setting for Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my MS 75 since March 18. I have a NEMA 14-50 with the charger that came with the car. It has always used 40A. I noticed yesterday it took a longer time to charge overnight. This morning I noticed that the setting or my charger at been reduced from 40A To 30A. Curious if the last software update did that without my noticing? If your car has been charging slow you might want to check this out.

I've had my MS 75 since March 18. I have a NEMA 14-50 with the charger that came with the car. It has always used 40A. I noticed yesterday it took a longer time to charge overnight. This morning I noticed that the setting or my charger at been reduced from 40A To 30A. Curious if the last software update did that without my noticing? If your car has been charging slow you might want to check this out.

This happens to me periodically, in fact it happened today. As others have noted, I just adjust the amperage back to 40 and its ok. I'm pretty sure it's power spikes. When I got up today, I noticed the power had gone off at 6:08a (clocks on ovens were flashing). Because this continues to happen, I am going to talk to my electrician about putting something on the circuit to potentially stop this. I can think of a couple of options but we'll see what they say.